Gyrex/Preparing Your Workspace For Developing Gyrex
Here's how to set up your workspace for developing Gyrex.
Download and install any Eclipse distribution suitable for developing Eclipse plug-ins. We recommend trying the latest Eclipse milestone for access to the latest features in JDT and PDE.
- Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment
- Eclipse CVS Client
- Eclipse Git Client
- Download and install your preferred Java 6 JDK
- Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Installed JREs -> Add... -> Standard VM -> Next
- Set JRE home to the Java 6 JDK folder -> Finish
- Activate check-box to set Java 6 JDK as the default JDK in Eclipse
Please use the "Import Existing Projects" wizard to import all Gyrex projects from any cloned Git repository. We also provide a collection of Working Sets for your convenience. Working Sets can be imported using the AnyEdit Tools plug-in available via Eclipse Marketplace. You can find the Working Sets file in the RelEng project (
Setup Target Platform
We maintain a shared target platform. It's located in the "org.eclipse.gyrex.releng" project in the
- Open file
gyrex-dev.targetin Target Definition editor
- Wait till the target platform is resolved
- Click on link "Set as Target Platform" (located in the upper right corner of the Target Definition editor)
Import Code Settings
Optimize Project Browsing
- Switch to the Java perspective
- Open the Package Explorer view menu (little triangle icon in the upper right corner) and select "Top Level Elements -> Working Sets"
- Select all working sets ("Select All")
- We recommend sorting the working sets (check "Sort working sets")
- We also recommend hierarchical package browsing (open the Package Explorer view menu and this time select "Package Presentation -> Hierarchical")