Gyrex builds are produced on the Eclipse.org infrastructure. It's also possible to build locally.
The build process is entirely based on PDE Build (which is based on Ant). The main build script includes targets for calling from a plain Ant as well as from an Eclipse Ant. The plain Ant target bootstraps a PDE Builder from Eclipse CVS and then launches the Eclipse target using Eclipse Ant. There is also a shared external tool launch configuration that can be used for building from within Eclipse.
The build process if as follows:
- Bootstrap PDE Builder
- Build target platform from target definition (using p2 mirror functionality)
- Fetch sources using map files
- Build org.eclipse.gyrex.features.master
- Assemble Gyrex Server Product
- Produce final p2 Repo (including signing of artifacts when executed on Eclipse.org infrastructure)
- Publish to download.eclipse.org (when executed on Eclipse.org infrastructure)
Hudson Build Jobs
The nightly job is used for CI compile check builds. It monitors the full source tree for changes and kicks of a build every once in a while when somebody checked something into source control. However, it always uses HEAD when performing checkouts. The build results should not be used.
The integration job is used for producing I, S and R builds. Care must be taken when producing S and R builds. The results are automatically published to download.eclipse.org (when running on Eclipse.org infrastructure).