Graphical Editing Framework
The Graphical Editing Framework (GEF) project provides technology to realize rich graphical editors and views for the Eclipse Workbench. It bundles three components:
- Draw2d (org.eclipse.draw2d) - A layout and rendering toolkit for displaying graphics on an SWT Canvas.
- GEF (MVC) (org.eclipse.gef) - An interactive MVC framework built on top of Draw2d, which fosters the implementation of rich graphical editors for the Eclipse Workbench.
- Zest (org.eclipse.zest) - A visualization toolkit based on Draw2d, which enables implementation of graphical views for the Eclipse Workbench.
While the main GEF website contains the bulk of information regarding the GEF project, the type of information more appropriately hosted on a wiki is (or will be) found here, such as: FAQs, tutorials, requirements, discussions, etc.
GEF4: GEF is a mature project with stable API, which is bound to Eclipse API retention policy. To develop innovations without interfering with the Draw2d/GEF 3.x and Zest 1.x development stream, we have started to work on a GEF4 provisional component. More information can be found under GEF4.
Information for Consumers (Developers)
- New and Noteworthy: 3.8 (stable) , 3.9 (development)
- Reference Documentation
- Articles, Tutorials, Slides
- Draw2d/GEF 3.x Developer FAQ
- Draw2d/GEF 3.x Troubleshooting Guide