Graphical Editing Framework
The Graphical Editing Framework (GEF) project provides technology to realize rich graphical editors and views for the Eclipse Workbench. It bundles three components:
- Draw2d (org.eclipse.draw2d) - A layout and rendering toolkit for displaying graphics on an SWT Canvas.
- GEF (org.eclipse.gef) - An interactive MVC framework built on top of Draw2d, which fosters the implementation of rich graphical editors for the Eclipse Workbench.
- Zest (org.eclipse.zest) - A visualization toolkit based on Draw2d, which enables implementation of graphical views for the Eclipse Workbench.
While the main GEF website contains the bulk of information regarding the GEF project, the type of information more appropriately hosted on a wiki is (or will be) found here, such as: FAQs, tutorials, requirements, discussions, etc.
Information for Consumers (Developers)
- New and Noteworthy: 3.6 (stable) , 3.7 (development)
- Reference Documentation
- External Articles, Tutorials, Slides
- Draw2d/GEF Developer FAQ
- Draw2d/GEF Troubleshooting Guide