Git for Committers
- bug 257706 Host a git repository on Eclipse Foundation servers, support git as the repository of Eclipse projects
- bug 257706#c63 Mike M. on potential problems with git at the Foundation
Setting up git
- How to set up a local git repository as a committer
- How to import from Eclipse CVS
- Any additional notes to that?
- Important Commandline Commands to push etc
- Something along the lines of Ketan's blog for Mercurial
- Known Issues and Gotchas
- Initially pulling from CVS into a repo puts HEAVY load on the Eclipse CVS server ... better clone an existing git repo if available (Can be used as a a form of a torrent, it is possible to pull from someone else I know, and sync with eclipse servers, they're all the same repositories after all)
Using the EGit integration
Contributing to EGit
If you want to get involved with EGit, please see our Google Code project site:
Known open issues are listed here, along with the clone URL for the Git repository containing the project's code. Loading it into Eclipse is as simple as importing the existing projects from the checked-out repository. Please see SUBMITTING_PATCHES in the top level directory for information on how to send contributions in.