Gemini Web is a subproject of the Gemini project.
Gemini Web is a sister project of Virgo. Please refer to the Virgo wiki for salient information.
Trying out Gemini Web
1. Download the Equinox JAR, for example org.eclipse.osgi_3.6.0.v20100517.jar, and move it to a suitable directory (e.g. ~/gemini-web-test). On the Download page first choose the desired Release or Build, then download the JAR from the Framework section.
2. Download Gemini Web and unzip it to ~/gemini-web-test/gemini-web.
3. Configure Equinox by creating a directory ~/gemini-web-test/configuration and create a config.ini file in the configuration directory. An example which works with 1.1.0.M03-incubation is available (in zipped form) here. Essentially this file ensures that the dependencies of Gemini Web, which come in the dep directory, are installed and then the Gemini Web bundles are installed and started.
4. Start Equinox as follows:
java -jar org.eclipse.osgi_3.6.0.v20100517.jar -console
5. You can then install WAR files and web bundles using the install command from the console. Refer to the documentation for more information.