Graphiti - a Graphical Tooling Infrastructure
Eclipse provides a modeling infrastructure evolving around the Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) for which offering graphical representations and editing possibilities is essential.
Graphiti is an Eclipse-based graphics framework that enables rapid development of state-of-the-art diagram editors for domain models. Graphiti can use EMF-based domain models very easily but can deal with any Java-based objects on the domain side as well.
The objectives of the Graphiti project are the following:
- Provide an easy to use and well structured plain Java API for building graphical tools
- Provide documentation and tutorials for doing so
- Limit the dependencies of the framework to an absolute minimum to support RCP-like scenarios
- Provide optional components beyond the RCP use case to ease e.g. IDE integration
- Provide the ability to use any existing layout algorithms for auto layouting a diagram