This page provides the required docuware for the GMF Tooling 2.4.0 Release Review.
The GMF Tooling project provides a model-driven approach to generating graphical editors in Eclipse. By defining a tooling, graphical and mapping model definition, one can generate a fully functional graphical editor based on the GMF Runtime.
New in this release
No significant events have occurred with the 2.4.0 release. This is the sixth yearly June release of GMF Tooling. This year, due to schedule and resourcing reasons, GMF Tooling has not been participating in the Eclipse Simultaneous release in June.
Accordance with project plan themes and priorities
See the GMF Tooling project plan at http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=modeling.gmp.gmf-tooling
- Documentation hosted at Wiki
APIs have not changed this release.
- The project lead certifies that the requirements for Eclipse Quality APIs have been met for this release.
- Metamodel definitions and corresponding implementations are considered APIs.
- API Tooling has been employed.
- No change.
- Tools haven't changed.
Nothing has been deprecated.
Bugzilla snapshot for July 31, 2011. Note that the bugs in the query were tracked starting July 20, 2010 to take into account the Bugzilla restucture done on July 19, 2010 (see | Bugzilla 319140).
Generated from : https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/report.cgi?x_axis_field=bug_status&y_axis_field=bug_severity&z_axis_field=&query_format=report-table&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&classification=Modeling&product=GMP&component=GMF-tooling&target_milestone=2.3&target_milestone=2.3.1&target_milestone=2.4&longdesc_type=allwordssubstr&longdesc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bug_id_type=anyexact&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=2010-08-20&chfieldto=2011-07-31&chfieldvalue=&format=table&action=wrap&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=
Nothing has changed.
GMF Tooling is a “+3” component in the simultaneous release.
M1 08/18/2010 M2 09/29/2010 M3 11/10/2010 M4 12/15/2010 M5 02/02/2011 M6 03/16/2011 API freeze M7 05/04/2011 Feature Freeze RC1 05/18/2011 RC2 05/25/2011 RC3 06/01/2011 RC4 06/08/2011 Indigo 06/22/2011
- Interaction in Bugzilla
- Activity on the GMF newsgroup
- Collaboration with other projects at Eclipse
- Anthony Hunter and Artem Tikhomirov continue to be the commiters on GMF Tooling.
- Boris Blajer (Golubev) is no longer a committer.
- Radomil Dvorak is no longer a committer.
- Cherie Revells is no longer a committer.
- Alexander Shatalin is no longer a committer.
- Dmitry Stadnik is no longer a committer.
- Michael Golubev is a new committer in GMF Tooling 2.4
- Mickaël Istria is a new committer in GMF Tooling 2.4
The GMF Tooling component leadership verifies that:
- the about files and use licenses are in place as per the Guidelines to Legal Documentation.
- all contributions (code, documentation, images, etc) have been committed by individuals who are either Members of the Foundation, or have signed the appropriate Committer Agreement. In either case, these are individuals who have signed, and are abiding by, the Eclipse IP Policy.
- all significant contributions have been reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all non-Committer code contributions, including third-party libraries, have been documented in the release and reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all Contribution Questionnaires have been completed.
- the "provider" field of each plug-in is set to "Eclipse Modeling Project“.
- the "copyright" field of each feature is set to the copyright owner (the Eclipse Foundation is rarely the copyright owner).
- any third-party logos or trademarks included in the distribution (icons, help file logos, etc) have been licensed under the EPL.
- any fonts or similar third-party images included in the distribution (e.g. in PDF or EPS files) have been licensed under the EPL.
The GMF Tooling Project IP log in located at http://www.eclipse.org/projects/ip_log.php?projectid=modeling.gmp.gmf-tooling
The current project plan is available from http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=modeling.gmp.gmf-tooling
Draft development plan for next release is not yet available.