CURRENTLY IN WORK
This page provides the required docuware for the GMF Tooling 1.4.0 Release Review, as part of the upcoming Helios Simultaneous Release.
The GMF Tooling is an industry proven application framework for creating graphical editors using EMF and GEF.
The GMF Tooling provides many features that one would have to code by hand if using EMF and GMF directly.
- A set of reusable components for graphical editors, such as printing, image export, actions and toolbars and much more.
- A standardized model to describe diagram elements, which separates between the semantic (domain) and notation (diagram) elements.
- A command infrastructure that bridges the different command frameworks used by EMF and GEF.
- An extensible framework that allows graphical editors to be open and extendible.
New in this release
One significant event with the Helios release was that the GMF project was restructured under the new Graphical Modeling Project (GMP). GMP includes GMF Tooling, as well as GMF Notation, GMF Runtime and Graphiti.
GMF Tooling is undergoing it's participation in the Eclipse Simultaneous release as it has for each and every release. This is the fifth yearly June release of GMF Tooling.
Accordance with project plan themes and priorities
Completed features as part of the Helios release can be found at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=enhancement;resolution=FIXED;classification=Modeling;query_format=advanced;component=Releng;component=Runtime;target_milestone=2.3%20M1;target_milestone=2.3%20M2;target_milestone=2.3%20M3;target_milestone=2.3%20M4;target_milestone=2.3%20M5;target_milestone=2.3%20M6;target_milestone=2.3%20M7;target_milestone=2.3%20RC;product=GMF
See the GMF Tooling project plan at http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=modeling.gmp.gmf-runtime
- Documentation hosted at [GMF Documentation | http://wiki.eclipse.org/GMF_Documentation]
APIs have not changed this release.
- The project lead certifies that the requirements for Eclipse Quality APIs have been met for this release.
- Metamodel definitions and corresponding implementations are considered APIs.
- API Tooling has been employed.
- No change.
- Tools haven't changed.
Nothing has been deprecated.
Bugzilla snapshot for Helios as of May 28, 2010.
Nothing has changed.
GMF Tooling is a “+3” component in the simultaneous release.
M1 08/17/2009 M2 09/28/2009 M3 11/09/2009 M4 12/14/2009 M5 02/01/2010 M6 03/15/2010 API freeze M7 05/03/2010 Feature Freeze RC1 05/17/2010 RC2 05/24/2010 RC3 05/31/2010 RC4 06/07/2010 RC5 06/14/2010 Helios 06/23/2010
- Interaction in Bugzilla
- Activity on the GMF newsgroup
- Collaboration with other projects at Eclipse
- Attendance at EclipseCon 2010
Boris Blajer (Golubev), Radomil Dvorak, Anthony Hunter, Cherie Revells, Alexander Shatalin, Dmitry Stadnik and Artem Tikhomirov continue to be the committers on GMF Tooling.
The GMF Tooling component leadership verifies that:
- the about files and use licenses are in place as per the Guidelines to Legal Documentation.
- all contributions (code, documentation, images, etc) have been committed by individuals who are either Members of the Foundation, or have signed the appropriate Committer Agreement. In either case, these are individuals who have signed, and are abiding by, the Eclipse IP Policy.
- all significant contributions have been reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all non-Committer code contributions, including third-party libraries, have been documented in the release and reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all Contribution Questionnaires have been completed.
- the "provider" field of each plug-in is set to "Eclipse Modeling Project“.
- the "copyright" field of each feature is set to the copyright owner (the Eclipse Foundation is rarely the copyright owner).
- any third-party logos or trademarks included in the distribution (icons, help file logos, etc) have been licensed under the EPL.
- any fonts or similar third-party images included in the distribution (e.g. in PDF or EPS files) have been licensed under the EPL.
The GMF Tooling Project IP log in located at http://www.eclipse.org/projects/ip_log.php?projectid=modeling.gmp.gmf-Tooling
The current project plan is available from http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=modeling.gmp.gmf-tooling
Draft development plan for next release is not yet available.