This page provides the required docuware for the GMF Runtime 1.5.0 Release Review, as part of the upcoming Indigo Simultaneous Release.
The GMF Runtime is an industry proven application framework for creating graphical editors using EMF and GEF.
The GMF Runtime provides many features that one would have to code by hand if using EMF and GMF directly.
- A set of reusable components for graphical editors, such as printing, image export, actions and toolbars and much more.
- A standardized model to describe diagram elements, which separates between the semantic (domain) and notation (diagram) elements.
- A command infrastructure that bridges the different command frameworks used by EMF and GEF.
- An extensible framework that allows graphical editors to be open and extendible.
New in this release
No significant events have occurred with the Indigo release. GMF Runtime is undergoing it's participation in the Eclipse Simultaneous release as it has for each and every release. This is the sixth yearly June release of GMF Runtime.
Accordance with project plan themes and priorities
See the GMF Runtime project plan at http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=modeling.gmp.gmf-runtime
- Documentation hosted at [GMF Documentation | http://wiki.eclipse.org/GMF_Documentation]
APIs have not changed this release.
- The project lead certifies that the requirements for Eclipse Quality APIs have been met for this release.
- Metamodel definitions and corresponding implementations are considered APIs.
- API Tooling has been employed.
- No change.
- Tools haven't changed.
Nothing has been deprecated.
Bugzilla snapshot for Indigo. Note that the bugs in the query were tracked starting July 20 1020 to take into account the Bugzilla restucture done on July 19, 2010 (see | Bugzilla 319140
Nothing has changed.
GMF Runtime is a “+3” component in the simultaneous release.
M1 08/18/2010 M2 09/29/2010 M3 11/10/2010 M4 12/15/2010 M5 02/02/2011 M6 03/16/2011 API freeze M7 05/04/2011 Feature Freeze RC1 05/18/2011 RC2 05/25/2011 RC3 06/01/2011 RC4 06/08/2011 Indigo 06/22/2011
- Interaction in Bugzilla
- Activity on the GMF newsgroup
- Collaboration with other projects at Eclipse
- Some committers attended at EclipseCon 2010
Anthony Hunter, Lidija Grahek, Alex Boyko, Cherie Revells and Mariot Chauvin continue to be the committers on GMF Runtime.
Aurelien Pupier is a new committer for Indigo.
Linda Damus is no longer a committer.
James Bruck is an inactive committer.
The GMF Runtime component leadership verifies that:
- the about files and use licenses are in place as per the Guidelines to Legal Documentation.
- all contributions (code, documentation, images, etc) have been committed by individuals who are either Members of the Foundation, or have signed the appropriate Committer Agreement. In either case, these are individuals who have signed, and are abiding by, the Eclipse IP Policy.
- all significant contributions have been reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all non-Committer code contributions, including third-party libraries, have been documented in the release and reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all Contribution Questionnaires have been completed.
- the "provider" field of each plug-in is set to "Eclipse Modeling Project“.
- the "copyright" field of each feature is set to the copyright owner (the Eclipse Foundation is rarely the copyright owner).
- any third-party logos or trademarks included in the distribution (icons, help file logos, etc) have been licensed under the EPL.
- any fonts or similar third-party images included in the distribution (e.g. in PDF or EPS files) have been licensed under the EPL.
The GMF Runtime Project IP log in located at http://www.eclipse.org/projects/ip_log.php?projectid=modeling.gmp.gmf-Runtime
The current project plan is available from http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=modeling.gmp.gmf-runtime
Draft development plan for next release is not yet available.