GEF and GMF usage and customizations
The stp.bpmn modeler is built on GMF that itself depends on GEF and EMF.
This page is a place to share our experience developing with GEF and GMF in the context of this application.
It targets the GMF GEF developer who might need to do similar things. All of them are code based modifications: nothing related to the code generation although templates could be modified.
Some of these paragraph might be better placed in the GMF or the GEF wiki. If this is the case, please let us know which items should graduate there.
In order to achieve the look and feel and to support our domain model a couple of things had to be worked upon specifically.
- 1 Palette behavior and look-and-feel preferences customizations
- 2 SelectionTool customization
- 3 Snap-helpers inside compartments
- 4 Clipboard support =
- 5 Selection of compartments behavior
- 6 Connection routers
- 7 Vertical label
- 8 Shapes attached to the border: using a second compartment
- 9 Save the layout between collapse-expand of shapes.
- 10 Pool layout and setbound policies
Palette behavior and look-and-feel preferences customizations
Sitcky tool mode: select twice the same tool and it will not unload when used.
Double click issues a direct edit request. No edit-mode at the end of a creation.