< G-Eclipse | Meeting Minutes
|Meeting Title:||g-Eclipse Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Tuesday June 9, 2009 at 1500 UTC / 0700 SFO / 1000 NYC / 1500 London / 1600 Berlin|
|Dial-in:||The conference calls are open to the public, and we invite everyone to participate. All you need is an Internet connection, the EVO software, and a EVO user id. You can get everything you need at evo.caltech.edu.|
- Ariel Garcia
- Pawel Wolniewisc
- Harald Kornmayer
- Sylva Girtelschmid
- Markus Knauer
- Review document is now in the CVS at FZK. We should limit the document to minimal requirements. We aim for a review in July. IP Clearance needed, but due the galileo release we don't expect resources form Eclipse.org.
- Ariel will contribute to the bugzilla section and have a look to IP questions too.
- Mathias volonteered for the architecture.
- Pawel will contribue to the communities.
- Harald takes care on the project plan and schedule.
- contributing to the release review document (ALL)
- JSDL problem from earlier meeting
- data management, what is the status of the reported issues?
- Ariel asked about the progress concerning the data management problems with LFC. Performance issues were reported while opening a folder on a Grid storage element. Can we identified were the performance leak is coming from? We have a cache mechanism which can be on our side or the Grid is not performant enough. The general problem if it is the Grid or the g-Eclipse framework.
- Pawel report on problems with certificates form Baltic Grid CA which prevents to use g-Eclipse there. Seems that communication between services is not working. Pawel will follow this, but it looks like the normal EGEE mess!
- Ariel mentioned the problem of a user (from Wuppertal) who does not see WMS services for altas. Is there a connection with new CREAM interfaces. Can be problems with the BDII used or with our implementation.
- Pawel reported on the ACAT paper being accepted.
- Harald and Markus have a meeting with Amazon developers.
- David reported on a paper for Journal of Grid Computing. Deadline is end of July 2009. The issue is planned for September next year. The paper should be 15 to 20 Pages.