g-Eclipse project will provide the following releases:
- g-Eclipse 0.5.0 (June 2007)
including the following features:
- Grid authentication management
- Grid resource management
- Grid job management
- Grid data management
- including an implementation for the gLite  middleware.
- g-Eclipse 1.0.0 (June 2008)
including the following planed features:
- including an implementation for a second Grid middleware (not yet defined)
- revision of the core features
- final definition of API and extension points
Obtaining the source code
The source code that is currently in the Subversion repository has some external dependencies which are not yet resolved. We are working on a solution and expect something to download soon. Please check this website for updates or the main website at .
The g-Eclipse subversion repository is available at svn://dev.eclipse.org:/svnroot/technology/eu.geclipse. It contains the usual svn directory structure TRUNK, BRANCHES, and TAGS. The development version of the code can be found in TRUNK.
Within this folder there are several subdirectories:
- doc/ documentation and documentation plug-ins
- features/ the core feature
- plugins/ the core plug-ins (middleware independent) including eu.geclipse.core and eu.geclipse.ui
- releng/ everything that is needed for building the feature; at the moment it contains a simple update-site project
- test/ some JUnit tests
The plug-in eu.geclipse.core has one external dependency to a tar-library. Therefore it is not possible to compile it, until we have removed this dependency.
Installing the middleware specific extensions
...waiting for content...
First steps with g-Eclipse
To help new users when trying out g-Eclipse, we have included some documentation in the Eclipse help system, and as cheat-sheets which will guide you though the process of creating your first g-Eclipse Grid project.
- Eclipse Help: Help | Help Content | 'g-Eclipse'
- Eclipse Cheat-Sheets: Help | Welcome | Tutorials | 'Set up your g-Eclipse environment'
--Mknauer.innoopract.com 14:32, 4 March 2007 (EST)