FAQ What is the Update Manager?
The Update Manager allows you to find new plug-ins on your machine, your network, or the Internet, compare new plug-ins to your configuration, and install only those that are compatible with your current configuration. The Update Manager thinks in terms of features, a logical group of related plug-ins, and also provides support for managing configurations to undo a given installation or to automatically update all the features currently installed in your Eclipse configuration.
Before plug-ins can be installed by the Update Manager, they need to be collected into a feature. The feature itself has to be published using an update site.
The Update Manager is invoked by Help > Software Updates.
- FAQ How do I upgrade Eclipse?
- FAQ How do I update Eclipse?
- FAQ How do I create a plug-in?
- FAQ How do I create a feature?
- FAQ How do I create an update site (site.xml)?
- FAQ What is the purpose of activities?
- How to Keep Up to Date (from 2004)
This FAQ was originally published in Official Eclipse 3.0 FAQs. Copyright 2004, Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved. This text is made available here under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0.