For information on the BIRT project
see the BIRT Homepage.
This page provides links to BIRT Examples. This includes relevant links to report examples, extensions and API usage. We encourage you to add comments and additional content, as this is what makes BIRT better. When adding new content please remember to follow the guidelines addressed in Contributing Examples (BIRT).
- BIRT Tutorial - The BIRT Tutorial is a step by step example of building a grouped report. It explains most of the views available and is an excellent starting point for someone who is new to BIRT. The Tutorial is available here.
- BIRT Flash Videos - The BIRT Site contains many videos that demonstrate BIRT reporting functionallity. These examples can be viewed here. The examples under Reporting Feature Examples are Flash videos that walk through utilizing a particular BIRT Feature. This page also contains a link for solution reports that demonstrate using BIRT to build business forms.
- Examples in the Source Code - The soure code for BIRT contains many examples. These often are in the form of test projects. See the Building BIRT page for more details on checking out the source code. Some examples are listed below:
- org.eclipse.birt.chart.examples - Contains many examples using the charting api.
- org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.example.samplereport- Contains sample reports.