Every Detail Matters/Great Fix
What constitutes a great bug? Take a look at the list and see for yourself some examples of what the developers think are great bugs. Roughly speaking, we’re looking for bugs that affect one of the Mars projects that has a significant impact on the community (e.g. something in the Platform that impacts many extenders, or something to do with the integration of two or more different projects).
What's at stake? Why the future of the developer's platform, of course! More seriously, there will be prizes. More later.
Anatomy of a Great Bug
- Detailed discussion via bug comments
- Code contribution via the mechanism described by the project (e.g. Gerrit)
- Code conforms to the the style prescribed by the project
- Updates and additions to unit tests included
- Host regular (monthly) "bug day" leading up to the Mars release
- Project committers will mark bugs they deem worthy with the "greatbug" keyword
- "Developer Platform Vision" committee will rank the "greatbugs" bugs
- Winners will be announced on Mars GA day!