Equinox p2 Meeting 20080825
API package names
What is the API plan for p2 in the Galileo release? If we are going to have API then we should consider creating API packages sooner rather than later. Or at least starting to review the current provisional packages. This process will take a long time so getting it early on the schedule would be good.
The [Equinox p2] wiki has quite a bit of stale information. Now would be a good time to clean it out and start a new round of issues, planning, milestone info etc.
- Andrew Overholt
- Dave Stevenson
- DJ Houghton
- Jeff McAffer
- John Arthorne
- Scott Lewis
- Simon Kaegi
- We have a fair number of consumers of our provisional API already, so we want to avoid surprises and give people an idea of what is happening and when
- Start by looking at areas where we have concrete API clients, rather than directly promoting the set of provisional API we have today. We can then iterate the API with those clients to make sure we create an API that is useful.
- Likely not everything that is provisional today will become real API in the Galileo release
- Find out where we have concrete clients
- Identify which provisional packages are likely to be promoted and do the rename early to avoid late breakage
- Integration is mostly complete
- Tests are integrated
- Please avoid new work in old generator code
- PDE integration still to be done
- Planning for next release
- Should refer to it in planning as the Galileo release rather than the "3.5" or "1.1" release.
- John to send out a reminder about the page capturing areas of contribution