Equinox/p2/Admin UI Users Guide
About the Eclipse Provisioning RCP Agent
- If you have not yet downloaded the Eclipse Provisioning RCP agent, see Getting started with M1.
- The agent RCP application allows you to install (and uninstall) an Eclipse 3.3 SDK using the Equinox Provisioning framework that is being developed in the Equinox Incubator.
- The agent application itself is structured on top of the provisioning framework, so you can (purposefully or inadvertantly) modify the agent application by manipulating it within the application.
- The UI for the RCP app is based on a provisioning admin UI that is being used by the provisioning team to manipulate the environment. It is not intended to demonstrate any actual provisioning UI would be delivered in Eclipse.
- The workflow we are trying to demonstrate is very narrow, yet the UI is more flexible in allowing you to add/remove repositories and profiles. Failures are brittle (vague error reporting that requires you to check your .log file).
Overview of the Eclipse Provisioning RCP Agent
- The RCP shows three views:
- The Window>Preferences... menu item lets you control some application preferences:
- You can control whether drag and drop operations should be confirmed first
- You can control whether you view all IU's in the repositories and profiles, or just those that have been marked as a "group" IU. Viewing groups only helps reduce the clutter when you are trying to find something like the SDK.