Equinox/p2/Admin UI Users Guide
< Equinox | p2
Revision as of 17:30, 2 August 2007 by Susan franklin.us.ibm.com (New page: __TOC__ == About the Eclipse Provisioning RCP Agent == * If you have not yet downloaded the Eclipse Provisioning RCP agent, see [[Equinox Provisioning Getting Started#Getting Started with...)
About the Eclipse Provisioning RCP Agent
- If you have not yet downloaded the Eclipse Provisioning RCP agent, see Getting started with M1.
- The agent RCP application allows you to install (and uninstall) an Eclipse 3.3 SDK using the Equinox Provisioning framework that is being developed in the Equinox Incubator.
- The agent application itself is structured on top of the provisioning framework, so you can (purposefully or inadvertantly) modify the agent application by manipulating it within the application.
- The UI for the RCP app is based on a provisioning admin UI that is being used by the provisioning team to manipulate the environment. It is not intended to demonstrate any actual provisioning UI would be delivered in Eclipse.
- The workflow we are trying to demonstrate is very narrow, yet the UI is more flexible in allowing you to add/remove repositories and profiles. Failures are brittle (vague error reporting that requires you to check your .log file).