- Scalability and Performance. Monitor overall performance and memory consumption which includes the addition of new performance tests for new features. Scale up or down to allow Equinox to scale down to small embedded environments as well as scaling up to large server environments.
- Scalability. Scaling up or down to allow Equinox to scale down to small embedded environments as well as scaling up to large server environments.
- Robustness. Provide APIs for clients where needed and fix critical bugs. Develop new tests to fill in gaps in the automated tests.
- Consumability. Make it easier for users to get Eclipse, install it on their systems, and configure it for their use. Make it easier for developers to use our APIs.
- Future. Deliver new features specified in the next OSGi specification R4.2.
- Updates to Conditional Permission Admin service (RFC 120) Bug 242799 - IBM
- Service Registry Hooks (RFC 126) Bug 244625 - IBM
- SystemBundle (Framework) booting (RFC 132) Bug 244443 - IBM
- Support for peer and child frameworks running in the same VM. (RFC 138, still very early) - IBM
Performance and Size
- Investigate places where we can rid the framework of bulky and unnecessary abstraction layers to reduce size and improve performance (service registry abstraction, resolver abstraction etc.).
- Make "uses" clause usable for large installs.
- Review and fix thread safety issues in the Framework Bug 245251 - IBM
Current Milestone Plan: M3 - October 31, 2008
- Implement (RFC 138) - Tom, Erin
- Implement (RFC 126) Bug 244625 - BJ
- Implement (RFC 132) Bug 244443 - Tom
- API for contributing Custom Execution Environments Bug 240724
M4 - December 12th, 2008
- Focus on reliability, investigate thread safety issues - Tom, BJ
- Investigate improvements to the resolver algorithm for uses clause.
M5 - January 30th, 2009 - Major Feature Freeze
M6 - March 12th, 2009 - API Freeze
- Polish API javadoc, package.html doc
M7 - May 1st, 2009 - Development Complete
- Polish items
- Performance work
- Testing and test framework improvements
M1 - August 8th, 2008
- Bug triage
- Fixing critical defects
M2 - September 19th, 2008
- Focus on 3.4.1 defects
- Port 3.4.1 fixes to 3.5 stream
- Implement (RFC 120) Bug 242799 - Tom
- Started implementing (RFC 132) Bug 244443 - Tom
Needs some investigation
Patch in progress
Bug fixed / Feature added