- Performance. Monitor overall performance and memory consumption which includes the addition of new performance tests for new features.
- Scalability. Scaling up or down to allow Equinox to scale down to small embedded environments as well as scaling up to large server environments.
- Robustness. Provide APIs for clients where needed and fix critical bugs. Develop new tests to fill in gaps in the automated tests.
- Keep Eclipse vibrant and attractive. Deliver new features specified in the next OSGi specification R4.2.
- Consumability. Make it easier for users to get Eclipse, install it on their systems, and configure it for their use. Make it easier for developers to use our APIs.
- Updates to Conditional Permission Admin service (RFC 120) Bug 242799 - IBM
- Service Registry Hooks (RFC 126) Bug 244625 - IBM
- SystemBundle (Framework) booting (RFC 132) Bug 244443 - IBM
- Support for peer and child frameworks running in the same VM. (RFC 138, still very early) - IBM
Performance and Size
- Investigate places where we can rid the framework of bulky and unnecessary abstraction layers to reduce size and improve performance (service registry abstraction, resolver abstraction etc.).
- Make "uses" clause usable for large installs.
- Review and fix thread safety issues in the Framework Bug 245251 - IBM
Current Milestone Plan: M3 - October 31, 2008
- Implement (RFC 138) - Tom, Erin
- Implement (RFC 126) Bug 244625 - BJ
- Implement (RFC 132) Bug 244443 - Tom
- API for contributing Custom Execution Environments Bug 240724
M4 - December 12th, 2008
- Focus on reliability, investigate thread safety issues - Tom, BJ
- Investigate improvements to the resolver algorithm for uses clause.
M5 - January 30th, 2009 - Major Feature Freeze
M6 - March 12th, 2009 - API Freeze
- Polish API javadoc, package.html doc
M7 - May 1st, 2009 - Development Complete
- Polish items
- Performance work
- Testing and test framework improvements
M1 - August 8th, 2008
- Bug triage
- Fixing critical defects
M2 - September 19th, 2008
- Focus on 3.4.1 defects
- Port 3.4.1 fixes to 3.5 stream
- Implement (RFC 120) Bug 242799 - Tom
- Started implementing (RFC 132) Bug 244443 - Tom
Needs some investigation
Patch in progress
Bug fixed / Feature added