- John R.
- bug 348045 org.eclipse.equinox.servletbridge.extensionbundle IU is exporting javax.servlet.
- Running the OSGi CT on Equinox bundles.
- Extension Registry replacement.
servlet bridge extension bundle issue
- This may be related to Template:Bud
- The issue is the bridge extension bundle does not actually contain the packages javax.servlet
- Instead the packages or inherited from the running app server
- There is a p2.inf file in the bundle so that the p2 profile for the war knows that this package is available
- It does not look like there is anything we can do in 3.7 to address
- We need to look into ways to solve this in Juno.
Extension Registry Replacement for p2 usage
- bug 325328
- General agreement to move away from extension registry
- Several concerns with moving to OSGi services
- Extension points are considered API.
- There is discussions of moving the extension points and processing to a separate bundles.
- This seems overly complex. Seems like we should start simple and make the extension registry an optional dependency, but keep the extension points and code to process them intact.