- John R.
- Update Policy
- Shared Install and Windows 7
- Bundle Pool
- Running into issues check servers over and over.
- Per repository bases to check server
- perhaps only check ever 2 months or 1 week etc or every time
- Pascal is working on a fix that just adds underlying mechanism, but is not exposing it to the user.
- Should this be an UI instead? Not thinking about this right now.
- The cache manager does not appear to be working 100%
- On windows 7 Program Files\ is read-only install
- Bug bug 322477
- This makes it implicitly a shared install mode
- Has any work been done here?
- Dean has been looking at this over the past week
- Current behavior correct? Should joe user be able to change the installed base?
- The behavior current posts a bogus message. Do all we need to do is fix this message?
- Should we show only updates the user can perform or disable updates user cannot perform
- Can we somehow elevate the user to admin user? Appears this cannot be done in process. Would force a restart? Solution could end up tricky.
- File level locking on artifacts repositories
- profiles are locked but artifact repositories are not.
- this can cause issues with shared bundle pools.
- What is involved to do file level locking to artifacts.xml.
- The framework has storage manager than may be able to assist in implementing proper bundle pool locking.
A tool for export and import what is installed
- There is someone willing to contribute the code.