- John R
- M5 testing
- Need to test the changes in the UI, and in general go through the test plan.
- API changes in the fwk
- Changes in the OSGi API will be happen in early M6. Tom will send a mail on cross-project ML.
- Publisher incubator
- Pascal asked what was the status of this work. Ian reports that nothing has happened.
- p2 metadata serialization
- Following the question on the ML to make p2 serializable, Pascal talked to Igor and reports that the real need is given a set of IUs to be able to serialize them to a file. The files does not need to be a repository, and we don't have to have to deal with repository manager.
- Framework hooks and p2
- Katya explains that she is working on an effort to provision Virgo with p2. Cool!
- Tom gives an overview on how fwk hooks work (because Pascal did not know).
- Some things are being mentioned about the RFC 152 on subsystems. We are wondering if there are some ideas in there that can be "reused".
- Some discussion follow on how to resolve implement that. It seems that the pb can be decomposed. Pascal suggests:
- Need something that knows how to configure the fwk hooks (something like fwkHooks.info)
- Need touchpoint action that knows how to deal with fwkHooks.info
- Need a metadata layer that knows how to reason about several profiles (in order to allow for things that are conflicting to be installed together)
- Tom and Pascal expressed an interest in talking with the Virgo guys. Krassi to setup a meeting.