This documentation needs to be written. Current content may be used as hints.
b3 Command Line Interface=
- explain why headless interface is important (use-cases)
- b3 CLI is extensible (new commands can be added by installing extensions)
The following steps focus on the installation of the bare b3 command line interface.
- Start by Downloading the (headless) director which can be found here.
- Next unpack the director to a location of your choice. You may want to set the
PATHto include the install location and make the director accessible for additional use.
- Install b3 with the following command:
director -r <HEADLESS_REPO> -d <INSTALL_DIR> -p b3 -i org.eclipse.b3.cli.productwhere
- -r <HEADLESS_REPO> is the headless p2 update site: Current version is: http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/b3/headless-3.6 (Check the download page for changes of the headless update site.)
- -d <INSTALL_DIR> is the chosen install location of the headless b3
- -p b3 is the name of the p2 profile
- -i org.eclipse.cli.product is the name of the headless b3 base
Launch headless b3
- run "b3" script in the directory where b3 is installed with previous step
- if no extension is installed, only --stackTrace and -? resp. --help options and runScript command are available:
No command was specified Usage: b3 command [options...] --stacktrace : Display stack trace on error -? (--help) : Print help screen for specified command Available commands: runScript - Runs a set of commands from a script file
- use p2 director to install new features that may contribute new commands