Eclipse Unconference France 2016
This page is the live agenda for the Eclipse Unconference at ENSEEIHT, in Toulouse, on June 10, 2016. See also https://www.eclipsecon.org/france2016/unconference
If you want to suggest a session, please copy/paste the template at the bottom of the page and send the request to gael.blondelle _ at _ eclipse.org. You can also support a session proposal or comment it.
- Organizer: Mickael Istria, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Description: Come and share your thoughts about the Eclipse IDE. What can be improved in general, what are the user experience pattern that should guide its development, how do the
interested parties prioritize their work, how they should prioritize their work, define some rules for good integration in the IDE...
- Prerequisite: Experience with the Eclipse IDE, actual user feedback (yours or "witnessed" usage) is helpful
- Proposed Topics
- Generic Text edition and grammars: many plain editor tools simply rely on a textmate grammar to provide basic text edition features. It seems like Eclipse could take advantage of a similar approach. Status and possible ways forward.
- Discovery and User Assistance: Eclispe IDE is very feature rich, but many very powerful features are difficult to even discover. How can the IDE allow more discovery for users?
- Mickael Istria
- Mykola Nikishov
- Mikael Barbero
- Kaloyan Raev
Science Working Group
- Organizers: Tracy Miranda, Jonah Graham, Torkild U. Resheim
- Description: Join the Science Working Group as we share project updates, work on code sprints and have discussions on science-related topics of interest. Everybody is welcome.
- Proposed Topics:
- Project & member updates
- Workflow discussions
- EASE/Python Scripting sprint
- Any science related topic proposed on the day!
Research with Eclipse
- Organizer: Philippe Krief(philippe.krief _at_ eclipse.org), Jean-Michel Bruel
- Description: Please, join this meeting on Friday morning, to discover or present community building and dissemination best practices on research projects.
- Proposed Topics:
- Brief introduction on the Research @ Eclipse: Why Eclipse is involved in European research projects
- Amalthea4Public research project (Salomé Maro from the University of Gothenburg, Sweden)
- AGILE IoT research project
- More is coming
- Organizer: Gaël Blondelle and Charles Rivet
- Description: The PolarSys Rover project was created recently and is being initialized before the EclipseCon France conference. This session will be the place to share about the project, to improve the material, code and documentation, and to help about development, modeling and integration issue.
There are two options:
- Register for EclipseCon France 2016 and choose to attend the Unconference for an additional €60 (VAT included) as an add-on to your conference registration.
- Register for the Unconference Only for €60 (VAT included). Select "Unconference (only)" as the registrant type on the form.
During the Unconference, we will have lunch on site and host a poster session at the same time. Please send an email to gael.blondelle _at_ eclipse.org if you plan to come with a poster.
Friday, June 10
|9:30-10:00||Welcome Coffee (A003)|
|10:00-12:00||Research with Eclipse (A301)||Science (A302)||PolarSys Rover (A303)||TBD (A304)||TBD (C101)||TBD (C103)|
|12:00-14:00||Lunch and Poster Session (A003)|
|14:00-15:30||TBD (A301)||Science (A302)||PolarSys Rover (A303)||TBD (A304)||TBD (C101)||TBD (C103)|
|15:30-16:00||Afternoon Coffee Break (A003)|
|16:00-17:30||TBD (A301)||Science (A302)||PolarSys Rover (A303)||TBD (A304)||TBD (C101)||TBD (C103)|