Eclipse Testing Day 2013
Twitter hashtag: #etd2013
- 1 About the Testing Day
- 2 Call for Papers
- 3 Date, time and venue
- 4 Agenda
- 5 Program committee
- 6 Timeline
- 7 Be a sponsor
- 8 Sponsors and supporting organizations
- 9 Contact
- 10 Previous Testing Days
About the Testing Day
2013 is the fourth consecutive year of the Eclipse Testing Day - a not-for-profit, full-day event dedicated to topics in testing. The event is organised by BREDEX GmbH and the Eclipse Foundation.
This year, the focus is on mobile testing.
Topics of interest include:
- Eclipse projects with mobile aspects - and their testing
- Cross-platform development and testing for mobile applications
- Eclipse tooling for developing and testing mobile applications
- UX design in mobile projects
- Case studies of mobile testing projects
- Mobile testing as a part of the application lifecycle
- Comparisons between testing in desktop and in mobile projects
Call for Papers
We are looking for submissions for talks on the topics above. We welcome theoretical submissions, but prefer case studies and real project examples. Demonstrations are also highly welcome. The program committee will give preference to vendor-neutral talks.
- An abstract of about 150 words (in English)
- A short biography
- A picture of the author
Talks will be in English, and will be between 30 and 40 minutes, including time for questions.
Please send your submissions by 21st June to Eclipse Testing Team.
Date, time and venue
The Eclipse Testing Day 2013 will take place on 25th September 2013 from 8.30am to 5pm, followed by an evening reception.
The day will be hosted in the Commundo Tagungshotel Darmstadt:
27 Hilpertstraße Darmstadt,
HE 64295, DE
As the event is not-for-profit, the ticket prices are reduced to their minimum, and cover the costs of catering and room rental.
- Eclipse Foundation members : 30€ net.
- Non-members: 45€ net.
- We also have a limited amount of student tickets for 25€ net.
The day will begin with registration at 8.00 am.
- Ralph Müller, Eclipse Foundation
- Achim Lörke, BREDEX GmbH
- Dr. Ina Schaefer, TU Braunschweig
- Peter Friese, Zühlke Engineering GmbH
- May 2013 Call for Papers begins
- 21st June Call for Papers closes
- 1st July Speakers informed and registration opens
- 25th September Testing Day
Be a sponsor
As in previous years, the Testing Day will be supported by sponsors and supporting organizations. There are various options for sponsorship of the Eclipse Testing Day 2013.
See the Sponsoring Page for details.
Sponsors and supporting organizations
The Eclipse Testing Day is made possible by sponsors and supporting organizations. If you would like to sponsor, see the Sponsoring Page for details.
BREDEX GmbH is software development and consulting company based in Braunschweig, Germany. Alongside individual customer software development, they are also behind the Jubula Functional Testing Tool Project at Eclipse and GUIdancer, Jubula's commercial counterpart. BREDEX GmbH became strategic members of the Eclipse Foundation in 2010.
For more information email the Eclipse Testing Team