Eclipse Testing Day 2012
Twitter hashtag: #etd2012
Previous Testing Days
Round-up of the Eclipse Testing Day 2011
Date, time and venue
The Eclipse Testing Day 2012 will take place on 5th September 2012 from 8.30am to 5pm, followed by an evening reception
The day will be hosted in the Commundo Tagungshotel Darmstadt (the same venue as in 2010)
About the Testing Day
This year will mark the third Eclipse Testing Day . The event is organised by BREDEX GmbH and the Eclipse Foundation and will take place over the course of one day. The focus is on testing with, for and at Eclipse.
Topics of interest include:
- Testing Eclipse applications
- Testing within the Eclipse Ecosystem
- Testing on Eclipse Projects
- Design for testability in Eclipse
- Case studies of testing projects
- Eclipse tooling and technology for the test process
- Continuous integration and testing for Eclipse applications
The topic for this year's testing day is "Testing and Beyond". The program committee are putting together a format that will consist of traditional talks on the topics above, as well as a set of lightning talks from areas "beyond" testing and a panel discussion with experts from the Eclipse and testing communities.
Be a sponsor
As in previous years, the Testing Day will be supported by sponsors and supporting organizations. There are various options for sponsorship of the Eclipse Testing Day 2012.
See the Sponsoring Page for details.
The day will begin with registration at 8.30am. The agenda for the rest of the day will be:
9.00 - 9.45 TALK 1
9.45-10.30 TALK 2
10.30-11.00 Coffee break
11.00-11.45 TALK 3
11.45 - 12.30 TALK 4
13.30-14.15 TALK 5
14.15-15.00 LIGHTNING TALKS (more details to follow)
15.00-15.30 Coffee break
15.30-17.00 Panel discussion (more details to follow)
17.00 Evening reception
Call for papers
You are invited to submit a talk, demo, experience report or case study for the topics listed above or for a related topic. Presentations that include demos or are based on real-life projects are especially welcome. Please be aware that we will not accept talks or demos relating to commercial products. Sponsors will have the opportunity to showcase products during the breaks. Please see above for sponsoring opportunities.
Please submit your proposal by May 31st to the Eclipse Testing Team.
Be sure to include:
- Presentation title and 100-200 word abstract
- Name, affiliation, 100 word bio, picture and contact information
Presentations will be 45 minutes long, including time for questions. There will be a computer projector to support your presentation but you will need to provide your own laptop. Presentation slides can be posted to the Eclipse Testing Day 2011 wiki and, if you'd like to share a short paper on your topic, we would also be glad to post a .pdf on the site.
- Ralph Müller, Eclipse Foundation
- Hans-Joachim Brede, BREDEX GmbH
- Dr. Ina Schaefer, TU Braunschweig
- Matthias Kempka, EclipseSource
- September 2011 Call for Sponsors begins
- February 2011 Program Committee announced
- March 2012 Call for Papers begins
- 31st May 2012 Call for Papers closes
- June 2012 Speakers informed and registration opens
- 5th September 2012 Testing Day
The Testing Day is a non-profit event. Ticket prices will be calculated to cover the costs of the day, and will include catering. We will be offering a discount for Eclipse members, and a limited amount of discounted tickets for students.
Registration will take place via Eventbrite. The registration page will be linked once registration is opened.
For more information email the Eclipse Testing Team