Eclipse Summit on Runtime Technologies and Platforms
Eclipse Runtime Summit
The Eclipse community will be holding its first summit on runtime technologies and platforms at the Hotel Monaco on December 11, 2007.
Proposed goal of the Summit: Define a strategy how the Eclipse Foundation will deliver runtime technology.
Some key questions to discuss at the Summit:
- What are the appropriate organizational structures to drive Runtime Technologies within the Foundation? Is a dedicated top level project needed, where the different runtime projects are bundled?
- What is the set of runtime technologies the Eclipse Foundation aspires to cover mid term (2-3 years)? Which parts of this technology stack are covered today?
- How will the Foundation ship runtime technologies? Will there be a separate release train?
- How can the Foundation attract a user community within/without the Foundation?
- How can the Foundation attract more runtime projects?