Eclipse Summit 2008
JWT project will probably be presented at the Eclipse Summit Europe 2008 which will be held from Nov. 19 - Nov. 20, 2008 in Ludwigsburg, the Stuttgart Region, Germany. The content for the Summit will be a collaborative effort by all interested parties and will be discussed on this wiki-page as well as on the mailing list.
Submission Process Dates
Submissions are open from May 12th, 2008 through September 1st, 2008. Submissions will be reviewed by the Program Committee as they are submitted and all submission will receive a response from the Program Committee by September 16th, 2008.
Submitted talks should focus on one of four categories:
- Consumer stories
- New & Noteworthy
- Model-driven development starting with the Eclipse BPMN-editor,
- Transforming a BPMN-model into JWT,
- Enriching the JWT-model with technical details,
- Simulating the JWT-model,
- Generating XPDL code.
- Additionally, we describe the various components that have been developed or are currently developed in the context of JWT:
- e.g. Adapting JWT for custom needs by extending its metamodel and editor, orchestration with an SOA platform such as SCOrWare, integration with the SOA Tools Project through the SCA Editor and additional transformations such as JWT 2 STP-IM, Monitoring a workflow execution...
Title: Managing Workflows and Service Orchestration with JWT
Content: Business Process Management has gained a lot of attention during the last years. There is now a huge amount of commercial and open-source-software tools available that allow to model, deploy, execute and monitor a workflow. However, most of the current open-source-workflow tools are still incompatible. In the Eclipse-project Java Workflow Tooling (JWT) we build a set of tools that enable users to model a workflow independently of the workflow engine first and add engine-specific details based on plugin extensions lateron. The workflow builds the basis for generating XPDL or BPEL-code in the next step which can then be deployed and executed on a workflow engine such as Bonita. We will also show the possibility to monitor the workflow on the workflow engine as well as our integration with the Eclipse STP project (e.g. by generating code for the STP-Intermediate Model) and within Service Oriented Architectures more generally.