Eclipse Platform UI with TPTP
TPTP Profiler users
- Boris Bokowski
Most general case:
- Measuring base line profiling data
- Change the code somewhere
- Run the profiler again
- Compare the resulting profile with the baseline profile
- Fix snapshot.
- Application interface. API allows to manage profiling within target application.
- Call tree with invocation counts and execution time. It is already exists
in TPTP profiler, but we should to be sure that we have that there meant.
- Reverse call tree with called methods as the roots and callers as children
- Profile data comparison. Compare snapshots of different measurements with showing changes for certain figures.
- Binding profiling results with source code changes.
- Attaching comments to profiling results
Ideal profiler (haven't seen this anywhere) would offer a complete solution for my optimization task. That is, it would help me organize my "experiments" and "measurements" in a way that makes it easy to undo changes to the code if there was not much gain. It would also show me a history of the changes and the resulting gain in each step. Being able to name the steps, or attach comments to them, would be useful.