Eclipse IDE for Education/New Developers
So you'd like to start developing for Eclipse and Eclipse IDE 4 Education?
The following is a collection of useful links, knowledge, and help for bringing new developers up to speed with the Eclipse framework and the IDE 4 Education code base.
- More stuff
Useful Eclipse Shortcuts
- Plugin Spy – alt + shift + F2 (then click a menu item / anything to bring ID it)
- Open file by name – ctrl + shift + T
- Delete whole line(s) without selecting all text – ctrl + d
- Comment out whole line(s) – ctrl + / (Note: can be used to undo commented line too)
- Organize imports – ctrl + shift + O
- Format source code – ctrl + shift + F