Difference between revisions of "Eclipse IDD 2014"
(→CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS)
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
== CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS ==
== CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS ==
''--- '''Please submit your proposal by
''--- '''Please submit your proposal by , 2014 to '''''<b>[mailto:EclipseDay@fokus.fraunhofer.de?subject=Proposal%20Eclipse%20IDD%202014 ''EclipseDay@fokus.fraunhofer.de'']</b>''---''<br>
Revision as of 04:52, 5 May 2014
Nowadays the engineering of complex systems is not a task performed by a single person working with a single tool. Rather, it is a concert of multiple teams coming from different domains working together with their individual tools. The orchestration of these teams and the interoperability of the work items are one of the big challenges in today’s system development.
Model Driven Engineering (MDE) is a promising method to handle the increase of complexity within the system and its development process by raising the level of abstraction using models as information storage. This trend is supported by the availability of stable and comprehensive tools and supporting platforms driven by Eclipse in particular.
The Eclipse Integrated Development Day 2014 edition focuses on today’s interoperability challenges in system engineering such as data interoperability (i.e. models), data consistency, data variants, traceability and tool integration. Attendees will have a chance to hear leading experts as well as practitioners using Eclipse technology creating solutions which address this problem domain.
This Eclipse Day will focus on:
• Interoperability Challenges
• Automation and Integration within the Development Process
• Multi-User Collaboration
• Heterogeneous Viewpoints on Data
• Experience Reports
Eclipse Integrated Development Day in Berlin is a day-long event for technical developers, architects and managers interested in tool and process integration as well as automation in development processes. Attendees will have the chance to hear speakers from leading organizations and experts from the Eclipse community.
Tweet about the Eclipse Integrated Development Day - our hashtag: #eclipseIDD14
Short link of this website: http://s.fhg.de/IDD2014
DATE & LOCATION
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
--- Please submit your proposal by May 11, 2014 to EclipseDay@fokus.fraunhofer.de---
You are invited to submit a talk, demo, experience report or case study in the area of Integrated Development based on Eclipse technology. Presentations that include demos or which are based on real-life projects are especially welcome.
Presentation may address the following or additional topics:
• Interoperability Specifications
• Tool Integration Frameworks (e.g. repositories, interfaces, adapters, transport layer)
• Distributed Tool Chains
• Management of Tool Chains
• Reference Technology Platforms
• Tool Customization and Tool Platforms
• Collaboration of Engineers (e.g. via the internet)
• Security and Access Control of Models and Tools
• Integration of Meta Modeling and Ontologies (MOF, RDF)
• Traceability and Linked Data
• Model and Model Element Identification
• Model-driven Enterprise Service Bus
• Model-driven Process Integration
• Model-based System Management
• Distributed Modeling Technologies (e.g. model querying)
• Problem Scenarios, User Requirements, Practice Reports & Success Stories
Please submit your proposal by May 11, 2014 to EclipseDay@fokus.fraunhofer.de
Be sure to include:
• Presentation title and a 100 - 200 word abstract
• Name, affiliation, a 100 - 200 word bio
Presentations will be approx. 30 minutes long, including time for questions.
There will be a projector to support your presentation. Presentation slides can be posted to the Eclipse Integrated Development Day 2014 wiki and, if you'd like to share a short paper on your topic, we would also be glad to post a pdf-file on our site.
• extended proposal submission deadline: May 11, 2014
• Notification of presenters: May 12, 2014
Be a sponsor! We would like to invite Eclipse-interested companies to participate as sponsors of the Eclipse Integrated Development Day 2014.
You will receive the following:
• Company displayed on the event website.
• Ability to distribute product information at the event.
• Company information area at the event.
Cost sponsorships will be used to support event materials and catering for lunch and breaks. Sponsors are asked to contribute EUR 500 + VAT per company. The sponsor fee will solely be used for event marketing and organizing the catering. If there is sponsor money left, the money will be donated to Eclipse projects. Interested? If you would like to sponsor Eclipse Integrated Development Day 2014 or, have more questions, please email the Eclipse Integrated Development Day Team EclipseDay@fokus.fraunhofer.de. Looking forward to hearing from you! The Eclipse Integrated Development Day Team.
All attendees must register via Amiando. There is no participation fee for this event.
If you have any problems with registration, please contact us via e-mail at EclipseDay@fokus.fraunhofer.de.
A hotel recommendation for those traveling from outside of Berlin is provided on the Fraunhofer FOKUS website.