Eclipse IDD 2013
Tweet about the Eclipse Integrated Development Day - our hashtag: #eclipseIDD13
TinyURL of our website: http://s.fhg.de/IDD13
Model Driven Engineering (MDE) is on the advance. The reason for this advance is the promise of handling the increase of complexity within the software and its development process by raising the level of abstraction using models as information storage. This trend is in particular supported by availability of stable and comprehensive tools and supporting platforms in particular driven by Eclipse.
The Eclipse Integrated Development Day 2013 focuses on topics concerned with the collaboration of engineers, the integration of tools, of data (i.e. models) and processes and with the coordination of different lifecycle activities. In summary this Eclipse Day focuses on Application Lifecycle Management (ALM). Attendees will have a chance to hear leading experts in the ALM domain as well as practitioners using Eclipse technology creating solutions which address this problem domain.
This Eclipse Day will focus on:
• Application Lifecycle Management
• Automation and Integration within the development process
• Collaboration of engineers
• Experience reports
Eclipse Integrated Development Day in Berlin is a day-long event for technical developers, architects and managers interested in tool and process integration as well as automation in development processes. Attendees will have the chance to hear speakers from leading organizations and experts from the Eclipse community.
DATE & LOCATION
Monday, May 27, 2013
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
You are invited to submit a talk, demo, experience report or case study in the area of Integrated Development based on Eclipse technology. Presentations that include demos or which are based on real-life projects are especially welcome.
Presentation may address the following or additional topics:
• Tool integration frameworks (e.g. repositories, interfaces, adapters, transport layer)
• Distributed tool chains
• Management of tool chains
• Granularity of access
• Collaboration of engineers (e.g. via the internet)
• Security and access control of models and tools
• Adaptation between meta modeling frameworks (e.g. MOF 1.4, CMOF, EMF, EMOF)
• Model and model element identification
• Model driven enterprise service bus
• Model driven process integration
• Model based system management
• Distributed modeling technologies (e.g. model querying)
• Problem scenarios, user requirements, practice reports & success stories
Please submit your proposal by April 14, 2013 to EclipseDay@fokus.fraunhofer.de
Be sure to include:
• Presentation title and a 100 - 200 word abstract
• Name, affiliation, a 100 - 200 word bio
• Contact information
Presentations will be approx. 30 minutes long, including time for questions.
There will be a projector to support your presentation. Presentation slides can be posted to the Eclipse Integrated Development Day 2013 wiki and, if you'd like to share a short paper on your topic, we would also be glad to post a pdf-file on our site.
• Proposal submission deadline: April 14, 2013
• Notification of presenters: April 30, 2013
• Eclipse Day date: May 27, 2013
Be a sponsor! We would like to invite Eclipse-interested companies to participate as sponsors of the Eclipse Integrated Development Day 2013.
You will receive the following:
• Company displayed on the event website.
• Ability to distribute product information at the event.
• Company information area at the event.
Cost sponsorships will be used to support event materials and catering for lunch and breaks. Sponsors are asked to contribute EUR 500 + VAT per company. The sponsor fee will solely be used for event marketing and organizing the catering. If there is sponsor money left, the money will be donated to Eclipse projects. Interested? If you would like to sponsor Eclipse Integrated Development Day 2013 or, have more questions, please email the Eclipse Integrated Development Day Team EclipseDay@fokus.fraunhofer.de. Looking forward to hearing from you! The Eclipse Integrated Development Day Team.
To be announced.
All attendees must register for this event. There is no participation fee for this event.
A hotel recommendation for those traveling from outside of Berlin is provided on the Fraunhofer FOKUS website.
IMPRESSIONS OF ECLIPSE IDD
In 2010 and 2011 we organized Eclipse Integrated Development Days: Here you'll find some impressions and presentations.