Eclipse Finance Day 2012
The Eclipse Finance Day is focused on how organizations in the finance industry are using and benefiting from Eclipse and open source software. This 1-day event will be held October 16, 2012 at the UBS offices in Zurich Switzerland.
Call for Papers
We would like to invite technical professionals working in the finance industry to submit a speaking proposal for the Eclipse Finance Day. We are particularly interested in case studies, experience reports and techniques used by financial organizations to improve their software development processes. In particular, sessions regarding: - Using Eclipse Modeling technology
The call for papers is now open. Please send your proposal about tools and techniques to support the software development process, including software maintenance with Eclipse technology to: Eclipse Day Delft Organizers
- Talks must fit in at least one of the main subjects of the day and will be 30 or 45 minutes long
- Proposals should be one page long (between 250-400 words) and should make the content and message of talk clear
- Prepare a separate file about the speaker (containing the name, biography and contact information) and send it with the proposal
- Your submission will be reviewed by a committee and will be placed in the appropriate time slot
- There is one 30 minute and one 45 minute slot available for sponsors (no review by committee)
Talks must fit in one of the main subjects of the day:
Track and Control
Talks focusing on tools and practices to control the process of tracking bugs and/or new feature requests. Talks informing about version (source) control systems such as SVN or Git.
Talks demonstrating best practices and tools to help the developer write code in Eclipse while reducing effort and increasing quality. For example, new or noteworthy techniques such as code generators, annotation processors, JVM, OSGi, and so on.
Talks addressing quality assurance. This includes tools and practices to assure and improve code quality (e.g., static analysis), testing tools and practices, as well as continuous integration solutions.
Talks about tools and practices that aid in building final deployable products from code.
Talks informing about tools and practices facilitating deployment of software during several stages in the software development process (e.g., deploying in test and/or production environments).
Talks demonstrating how several tools and practices can be integrated into a holistic software development lifecycle.
Talks reporting significant experiences with Eclipse-based tools to support the software development process.
- Track: Bug tracking tools and processes, Release / Iteration tracking tools and processes, Task Management, VCS (git, svn, ..)
- Code: WYSIWYG Editors, JVM Tools, Annotation Processors
- Quality Assurance: Test automation, Code smell detection, Profiling, Code Review, Continuous Integration
- Build: Build Automation
- Deploy: Promotion of Code, Software Distribution, Unattended Deployment
- Integrate: Best Practices, Tracking Systems, Protocols (SNMP, etc..), OSLC
- Proposal submission deadline:
Juni 27Extended to July 12, 2012 (send proposals to: Eclipse Day Delft Organizers )
- Notification of presenters: August 31, 2012
- Event registration opens Beginning July, 2012
- Eclipse Day Delft: September 27, 2012 (08.30 am - 6.00 pm)
The Eclipse Day Delft is a non-profit event. Ticket prices will be calculated to cover the costs of the day, and will include catering. In addition, we offer a limited amount of student tickets allowing free participation. The registration site will open on July 2, 2012.
Support a great event while making qualified contacts with Dutch and international participants!
We have various sponsor packages available for your company to sponsor the Eclipse Day:
|Logo and company link on registration page||X||X||X||X|
|Exposition table for 2 people with room for roll-up banners||
|30 minute speaking slot in Senaatszaal||
|45 minute speaking slot in Senaatszaal||
|Price (ex. VAT)||€ 400,-||€650,-||€ 1000,-||€ 1250,-|
Limitations to sponsor packages:
If you want more information about sponsorship of Eclipse Day Delft 2012, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.