This page is a hub for resources used by Eclipse project documentation authors.
The Eclipse project documentation consistents of five documentation books. Each book corresponds to a different project in the dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/eclipse CVS repository:
- Workbench User Guide - org.eclipse.platform.doc.user
- Platform Plug-in Developer Guide - org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv
- Java Development User Guide - org.eclipse.jdt.doc.user
- JDT Plug-in Developer Guide - org.eclipse.jdt.doc.isv
- Plug-in Development Environment Guide - org.eclipse.pde.doc.user
"User Guide" books are oriented to end-users of the Eclipse platform IDE and Java development tools. "Developer Guide" books are oriented towards plug-in developers who are extending or building their own Eclipse-based applications.
All Eclipse project documentation conforms to the Eclipse Doc Style Guide. For information on adding documentation for new plug-ins, packages, or extension points, see How to add things to the Eclipse doc. When approaching a release, use the Eclipse Doc Checklist to make sure all documentation is complete.