Eclipse Doc Checklist
This checklist can be used to ensure that all documentation work for a component gets completed. You may find it useful to make a copy of this page for your component, adding extra items that are specific for you, and checking items off as they are completed.
- Make sure you use an HTML editor that will not munge the documentation source. Good examples are the Eclipse text editor, or the HTML editor in WTP (Help > Software Updates > Find new features to Install > Callisto Discovery Site > Select the "Web Standard Tools" feature and click "Select Required").
- Make sure new additions and changes adhere to the Eclipse Doc Style Guide
- Go through all documentation and remove/correct all out-dated contents
- Add Concepts and Tasks entries for significant new features
- Check all views and editors in the new dynamic Help view
- Ensure summary is correct
- Ensure links work and make sense
- Check all dialogs and wizards to ensure that the (?) button or F1 shows relevant information
- Getting Started section:
- Make sure the Platform Getting Started section is of high-quality and easy to read
- Test the Platform getting started: go through it step by step
- Update the Tips & Tricks document
- Complete the What's New in 3.2 section
- Update the list of used icons
- Check all examples and corresponding example descriptions
- Ensure command line arguments under Tasks > Running Eclipse are updated and correct
- Review and complete extension point descriptions in the schemas
- Verify that all APIs and extension-points appear in the corresponding programmer's guide (see How to add things to the Eclipse doc)
- Verify that extension points added in 3.2 are marked "Since 3.2"
- Update migration guide
- Verify that all APIs have Javadoc
- Check spelling (use American English)
- Ensure new APIs have the @since3.2 tag
- spell check all *.properties files (use American English)
- Verify that component.xml files are correct
- Update the eclipse_readme.html document
- Ensure there are no mixed line delimiters
- Redo screen shots if necessary
- Check the whole doc with a link checker tool
Back to Eclipse Documentation.