Eclipse DemoCamps November 2013/Berlin
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31, 10589 Berlin
LatLong: 52.5259087, 13.3142924
Date and Time
December 2nd, 2013
Tweet about the Eclipse DemoCamp: #eclipse #democamp #berlin
- SMB has been an independent IT consulting firm since 1998. We are devoted to providing high-quality RCP and OSGi software development, consulting and training to mid-sized organizations. Additionally we develop independent products and tools based on the Eclipse Rich Client Platform.
- The Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems FOKUS is researching and developing demand-orientated solutions for partners in industry, research and public administration.
- Eclipse Foundation is a not-for-profit, member supported corporation that hosts the open-source Eclipse Projects.
18.00 Welcome and Introduction ; Tom Ritter, Fraunhofer FOKUS
18.10 Traceino - The Traceability Framework ; Marcus Engelhardt, Fraunhofer FOKUS
18.50 Advanced language testing with XPECT ; Joerg Reichert, itemis AG
19.10 - 19.30 Break
19.30 OMG DD - Modeled Graphical Notations ; Max Bureck, Fraunhofer FOKUS
19.50 Java 8 support in eclipse JDT ; Matthias Köster (binaere bauten gmbh)
20.10 RCP application with embedded Groovy scripting ; Akos Kitta
If you would like to present at this event, please add your name below. Please send us your presentation/proposal via firstname.lastname@example.org. Should we receive more submissions than we can fit into the schedule, we will select the ones that we think are most interesting to the audience.
- Marcus Engelhardt (Fraunhofer FOKUS): Traceino - The Traceability Framework
This demo will present Traceino. Traceino is an EMF based tracebility tool for model driven development. In a unique way Traceino allows the definition and utilization of type safe structured traces without losing the important generic characteristics necessary for analysis like impact analysis and coverage analysis. Another aspect of Traceino is its independence of tools.
This talk was already presented at eclipsecon Europe 2013. I will sketch out how we customized Xtext to achieve things which will not work out of the box. The eclipsecon talk was rather detailed and designed for an audience quite familiar with Xtext. The democamp presentation will rather focus on showing how to get to these solutions by example, demonstrating also non-Xtext related techniques, in order to make the talk attractive also for non-Xtext-experts.
This talk I will present how you can directly execute your language files as JUnit tests. Instead having test logic and test data in different places XPECT enables you to put your expectations where they have to apply. In presentation you will learn how to write tests for the different aspects of your language and language tooling on some real world examples. See also this introduction as an appetizer.
In this presentation, you will get an overview over OMG Diagram Definition and use cases how for the usage of the standardized meta model. We will dive into the EMF version of the meta model and give a quick demo of an exemplary interpreter for the graphical part of the meta model.
This demo will demonstrate the most important changes scheduled for Java 8 by using the eclipse JDT preview for Java 8. I don't have a lot of slides, but we instead will make a live and interactive demo ;-) Since I'm not an eclipse/JDT committer, this demo will focus on the users point of view.
- Akos Kitta (B2i Healthcare): RCP application with embedded Groovy scripting
This demo will present how Groovy scripting feature can be embedded into an RCP application. With the Groovy scripting feature one could reach the application specific APIs and perform e.g. report generation, search execution or even database content modification. For this presentation I would rather show how it works in practice with a simple RCP instead of showing slides.
If you added your demo to the list above, please add a short abstract to this list so people know what you will be talking about:
Who Is Attending
If you plan on attending please add your name and company to the list below.
If you're not able to come, please withdraw your registration.
We reserve the right to charge 10 Euros administrative fee, if you don't show up without having cancelled beforehand. Thanks for understanding.
- Lars Martin, SMB GmbH
- Tom Ritter, Fraunhofer FOKUS
- Werner Keil, Creative Arts & Technologies
- Filiz Ludewig, Fraunhofer FOKUS
- Matthias Köster, binaere bauten gmbh
- Ralph Mueller, Eclipse Foundation
- Jens von Pilgrim, NumberFour AG
- Stephan Druskat FSU Jena
- Akos Kitta, B2i Healthcare
- Helko Glathe Carmeq GmbH
- Alexander Börner Carmeq GmbH
- Christian Thöns, Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung
- Christian Hecht Carmeq GmbH
- Friedemann Treblin Carmeq GmbH
- Joe Martin, NumberFour AG
- Andy Scherzinger, msg systems AG
- Jörg Reichert, itemis AG
- Zoltan Sepsy, Areus
- Gabor Nagy, B2i Healthcare
- Ingo Mohr, Condat AG
- Jakub Siberski, NumberFour AG
- Joachim Bleidiessel, Funkwerk AG
- Jia Xu, FU Berlin / Navi Technologies