Eclipse DemoCamps November 2012/Berlin
Date and Time
November 26th 2012
Opening 5.30 pm
Presentations and Demos 6 pm - 10 pm
- itemis is Eclipse strategic member and the leading company for model-driven software development.
- The Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems FOKUS is researching and developing demand-orientated solutions for partners in industry, research and public administration.
- Eclipse Foundation is a not-for-profit, member supported corporation that hosts the open-source Eclipse Projects.
If you would like to give a demo, please feel free to add it to the list. Should we receive more submissions than we can fit into the schedule, we will select the ones that we think are most interesting to the audience.
- Let's try this again: Hibernate Code-Generation for Pracmatic Developers with HEDL - Mirko Seifert
- One for all: IDE and Workspace Provisioning with p3 - Lars Martin
If you added your demo to the list above, please add a short abstract to this list so people know what you will be talking about.
- Let's try this again: Hibernate Code-Generation for Pracmatic Developers with HEDL (Mirko Seifert, DevBoost GmbH)
- To ease the implementation of data models and to perform ORM, code generation is advertised as a solution for years already. Yet, ORM frameworks like Hiberante are far more popular than any code generation approach. Still, annotation-based frameworks such as Hibernate require a lot of boilerplate code writing. The Hibernate Entity Definition Language (HEDL) combines the benefits of ORM frameworks and code generation, by generating code for the Hibernate framework. Thus, HEDL is an excelent example of a pragmatic domain specific language (DSL), where the benefits of using DSLs and code generation for one important technical aspect of almost every Java software project can be directly observed (the average LOC ratio between the DSL and Java code is 1:100).
- In this talk, we will not only demonstrate HEDL in action, but also discuss the properties that make HEDL a popular and useful DSL. Furthermore, we give insights about how HEDL was developed and how you can extend and modify it for your needs.
Who Is Attending
If you plan on attending please add your name and company to the list below.