Eclipse DemoCamps November 2011/Karlsruhe
Here's our program. Thank you to everyone who submitted a demo!
- 17:30 - 17:40 Intro
- 17:40 - 18:05 The Evolution of Design Quality in Eclipse JDT, George Ganea, Ioana Verebi, Intooitus s.r.l.
- 18:05 - 18:30 Komponentenextraktion und -wiederverwendung mit DEviSE, Lars Alvincz, andrena objects ag
- 18:30 - 18:55 Dynamic Web Applications with RAP and OSGi, Holger Staudacher, EclipseSource
- 18:55 - 19:30 Break
- 19:30 - 19:55 Git and Eclipse: News from EGit, Gerrit and Github integration, Stefan Lay, SAP AG
- 19:55 - 20:20 Eclipse UOMo - Typesafe Units of Measurements and its Usage for Open Data, Werner Keil, Creative Arts & Technologies
- 19:20 - 20:25 Closing
- starting 20:45 Eclipse Stammtisch
More details are on the Karlsruhe 2011 Program page.
Date and Time
Nov. 29th 2011
A Stammtisch will follow directly after the DemoCamp. Sign up for the Karlsruhe Stammtisch on doodle http://www.doodle.com/xyq8ddw3ytqqftcv. Space is limited so please let us know you'll be attending.
FZI Forschungszentrum Informatik, Karlsruhe
Michael Hauck, email@example.com
Preliminary program will be available soon.
George Ganea, Ioana Verebi, Intooitus s.r.l.
- The Evolution of Design Quality in Eclipse JDT
The Eclipse platform is now a decade old. It started as a Java IDE and it evolved into one of the most advanced frameworks in the world. We believe that the long-lasting success of the Eclipse platform is also due to its solid internal code quality. In this talk we will present the intriguing dynamics of design quality in one of Eclipse's core components, namely Eclipse JDT, throughout these ten years, from version 1.0 to 3.7.1, covering over 30 releases. Design quality is assessed using a metrics-based technique for detecting anti-patterns, namely specific violations of well-established design principles and rules. To make the model comprehensive and balanced, we rely on a wide-range of such anti-patterns covering all the major aspects of design like coupling, complexity or encapsulation.
- Eclipse UOMo - Typesafe Units of Measurements and its Usage for Open Data
Developers who work with physical quantities (such as developers in the scientific, engineering, medical, and manufacturing domains) need to be able to handle measurements of these quantities in their programs.
Inadequate models of physical measurements can lead to significant programmatic errors. In particular, the practice of modeling a measure as a simple number with no regard to the units it represents creates fragile code. Another developer or another part of the code may misinterpret the number as representing a different unit of measurement.For example, it may be unclear whether a person's weight is expressed in pounds, kilograms, or stones.
- Dynamic Web Applications with RAP and OSGi
The Rich Ajax Platform (RAP) is an open source web framework run by the Eclipse project. It contains a powerful SWT compatible widget toolkit that allows developing desktop- and webclients from a single code base. While previous versions had been focused on the Equinox world the widget toolkit opens up to the OSGi standard. With the current development stream, RAP integrates seamlessly with the OSGi service platform. This allows to start separate RAP applications in a single process and to add UI contributions dynamically to those applications. In this talk I will give an overview of the technical concepts and show how these technologies can be used to build dynamic web applications.
- Git and Eclipse: News from EGit, Gerrit and Github integration
Lars Alvincz, andrena objects ag
- Komponentenextraktion und -wiederverwendung mit DEviSE
Please register on the Karlsruhe DemoCamp Eventbrite site.
- The Karlsruhe DemoCamp is free of charge.
- Our venue is limited to a maximum audience of 90 people.