Eclipse DemoCamps Mars 2015
Click on the map to see events around the world.
For the next season of DemoCamps in 2015, we are inviting members of the community to organize and attend Eclipse DemoCamps or Hackathons around the world to celebrate the Eclipse Mars release.
- Bonn, Germany - June 8, at Collegium Leoninum Bonn - organized by itemis AG
- Berlin, Germany - June 16 organized by itemis AG and Fraunhofer FOKUS
- Munich, Germany - June 23, at Capgemini Office Munich - organized by BSI Business Systems Integration AG
- Zurich, Switzerland - June 24, at ETH Main Building - organized by JUG Swiss Eclipse User Group
- Stuttgart, Germany - Wednesday, July 1st, organized by itemis AG
- Trondheim, Norway - Wednesday, August 27th, organized by Itema AS
What are Demo Camps and Hackathons?
DemoCamps are an opportunity to showcase all of the cool, new and interesting technology being built by the Eclipse community. They are also an opportunity for you to meet Eclipse enthusiasts in your city. The format of a DemoCamp is informal. A group of Eclipse enthusiasts meets up and demos what they are doing with Eclipse. The demos can be from research projects, Eclipse open source projects, applications based on Eclipse, commercial products using Eclipse or whatever may be of interest to the attendees.
Hackathons are a chance for developers to gather and hack away on bugs and feature requests, and come up with a reasonable patch by the end of the Hackathon. They are also informal – a group of Eclipse hackers meets up and hacks away on bugs and feature requests for a particular Eclipse project. Attendees usually break out into groups of two or three and get hands-on support from a project veteran to help ensure that a patch can be completed. Here's an example of a Hackathon from November 2012.
If you have not organized a Camp or Hackathon in the past, please read this page on organizing a DemoCamp, and then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add you to our list of organizers or help you out with whatever question you have.
When signing up to organize a DemoCamp or a Hackathon, please be sure to give us your contact information. Either include your individual email address on your event page, or send an email to email@example.com to provide your contact information. Also, please let us know right away if we can help you.
When organizing a Camp or Hackathon, add your event to the list below, then create a separate wiki page for your event. To help you create the wiki page, we have a template. To use the template, open it for editing and copy the contents of the edit window to your clipboard, and then select "Cancel" at the bottom of the page to cancel the editing session. Open up your new event page for editing, copy the contents of your clipboard into the editing window, and make your updates. Please do not edit the template.
Click on a city above to find out details and to let the organizers know you plan on attending. Some cities have not finalized a date or location but we still encourage you to let the organizer know you would like to attend.
Please consider sharing presented demo sources or hacked solutions at https://github.com/Eclipse-DemoCamps
- Eclipse DemoCamps November 2014
- Eclipse DemoCamps Luna 2014
- Eclipse DemoCamps November 2013
- Eclipse DemoCamps Kepler 2013
- Eclipse DemoCamps November 2012
- Eclipse DemoCamps Juno 2012
- Eclipse DemoCamps November 2011
- Eclipse DemoCamps Indigo 2011
- Eclipse DemoCamps November 2010
- Eclipse DemoCamps Helios 2010
- Eclipse DemoCamps November 2009
- Eclipse DemoCamps Galileo 2009
- Eclipse DemoCamps November 2008
- Eclipse DemoCamps 2008 - Ganymede Edition
- Eclipse DemoCamp 2007