Eclipse DemoCamps Juno 2012/Grenoble
Given the success of Last Year Grenoble DemoCamp, we are please to organize a new one this year.
- 1 Location
- 2 Date and Time
- 3 Sponsors
- 4 Agenda
- 5 Proposed talks
- 5.1 Submission and deadline
- 5.2 What's hot in Juno?
- 5.3 What does E4 change for Eclipse users?
- 5.4 What does E4 change for Eclipse developer
- 5.5 What's new GMF?
- 5.6 From Eclipse to Document management : a case study for JWT & EasySOA
- 5.7 (quickie) GEF SVG export in JWT, a newcomer’s rocky ride to Eclipse
- 6 Who Is Attending
- 7 Carpool
- 8 Photos
Date and Time
13 June 2012, 14h - 18h
Hosting and Funding
- Adrian Mos - Xerox Research
- Mickael Istria - JBoss by Red Hat (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The day will feature informal demos, presentations and discussions about cool Eclipse projects, ranging from research prototypes to fully-featured open-source and commercial offerings.
Each presentation should be 15 minutes + 5 minutes of questions, doing the transition with next presentation. If you want to make something shorter, then we'll plan quickies (5 minutes). This tentative agenda is subject to change depending on the proposed talks.
- 14h - 14h15: Welcome, by Adrian Mos
- 14h20 - 14h35: ...
- 14h40 - 14h55: ...
- 15h - 15h15: ...
- 15h20 - 15h40: Quickies (5 minutes each, no QA, discussions during break)
- 15h40 - 16h30: Break
- 15h45 - 16h: ...
- 16h05 - 16h20: ...
- 16h25 - 16h40: ...
- 16h45 - 17h: ...
- 17h05 - 17h30: Quickies (5 minutes each)
- Closing, by Adrian Mos
- 17h30 - 18h: Unconference around a coffee
- 19h - ... Unconference in a bar of the center of Grenoble (announced during the DemoCamp)
Submission and deadline
You can submit simply by adding a paragraph there (please respect follow title conventions so we can easy use the page outline). We are looking for talks that shows:
- Cool stuff in Eclipse (Eclipse insight)
- Cool stuff with Eclipse (how you use Eclipse)
- Cool stuff for Eclipse (what plugins you develop)
All technologies/projects/organizations/... are good for a presentation, while it relates to Eclipse.
What's hot in Juno?
- By: ?
- Abstract: A new release is made of new things! This will be an hopefully exhaustive lists of the new projects and main achievements that were part of Juno release.
What does E4 change for Eclipse users?
- By: ?
- Abstract: Eclipse Juno is based on E4. This refreshed platform introduce some new ergonomics that make Eclipse users development faster. This talk introduces this main changes that make your working day better.
What does E4 change for Eclipse developer
- By:Mickael Istria
- Abstract: E4 introduces new paradigms in Eclipse development (Dependency injection, modeled workbench, services...). In this presentation, you'll learn quickly what this new stuff provide and how to leverage it. You'll also see how it does (not) have impoact on what you already did, how to perform transition of your code from e3 to e4 without pain, and how to adopt these new efficient paradigms.
What's new GMF?
- By: Aurélien Pupier
After this talk, you will know what's hot about the GMF project!
From Eclipse to Document management : a case study for JWT & EasySOA
- By: Marc Dutoo & Yoann Rodière
- Abstract: Why ? Managing your SOA documents e.g. JWT workflows. How ? Issues, concepts and technologies. What is it like ? Here comes demo time !.
(quickie) GEF SVG export in JWT, a newcomer’s rocky ride to Eclipse
- By: Yoann Rodière
- Abstract: SVG export was a long standing open bug in JWT. There was a good reason, here are a few lessons learned about doing things the Eclipse way.
Who Is Attending
Please add your name to this list if you attend the DemoCamp, or you could also use EventBrite ticketing system:
- Adrian Mos, Xerox Research
- Mickael Istria, JBoss by Red Hat
- Aurelien Pupier, BonitaSoft
- Christelle Burguera, STMicroelectronics
- Jerome Correnoz, STMicroelectronics
- Miguel Santana, STMicroelectronics
- Marc Dutoo (& others ?), Open Wide
- Yoann Rodière, Open Wide
- Juan Cadavid, INRIA
- Thierry Jacquin, Xerox Research
- Jean-Pierre Chanod, Xerox Research
- Alain Boulze, EasiFab
Eclipse DemoCamp Grenoble is a Green event. If you plan to use your car to go to this DemoCamp, and have some seats to share, please add you to this list:
|Mickael Istria (email@example.com)||Grenoble Centre||
|Christelle Burguera (firstname.lastname@example.org)||Grenoble Polygone||
|Miguel Santana (email@example.com)||Crolles||