Eclipse DemoCamps Helios 2010/Vienna
- After last year's  we will try something different this time:
- Instead of your  (i.e. slides)
- we want to see  and show us how to create something (i.e. code).
- short: Show Me Code - No Slides - No Suits ;-)
Date and Time
June 25, 2010
16:00 - 22:00 (or later, we have the key for the room ;-)
16:00 - 16:30 : come together "warm up" (last software installations, first beer ;-)
16:30 - 22:00 : demos, mixed with chat and beer! (Sorry no food this time - bring a sandwich ;-)
22:00 - ??:00 : come together, spontaneous presentations, "cool down" in the Lounge
(*) Gold Sponsor, thank you very much
As said in the motto above, we would like to create a deeper and more personal experience. Speakers should prepare a 30 to 60 minutes interactive demo (aka mini workshop or live coding) that gives some understanding and hands-on experience of the presented subject. In a nutshell we want to code together, guided by the presenter's deeper knowledge of the topic. (Demos will be in German.)
If for some reason interactive or live coding is not an option, the demo should at least show code and explain the interesting tidbits in the code. Please try to avoid slides if possible. (Of course, a few slides to give an overview or explain some structural dependencies are ok.)
- ~16:30 - Markus Musil, Codeworkz, "Introduction" (10')
- ~16:40 - Maximilian Kögel, "EMFStore" (25')
- ~17:05 - Jonas Helming, "EMF Client Platform" (25')
- ~17:30 - Bernhard Woditschka & Joachim Grüneis, "Speed up your Domain Driven Design with Xtext" (60')
- ~18:30 - Break (30')
- ~19:00 - Stephan Herrmann, "Enter the next dimension of modularity using the Object Teams Development Tooling" (60')
- ~20:00 - Florian Pirchner, "Modeling meets Runtime - redView.org" (45')
- ~20:45 - followed by some short presentations, which order and time of second break will be discussed...
- ~16:30 - Markus Musil, Codeworkz, "Introduction"
- ~16:40 - Maximilian Kögel, "EMFStore"
- ~17:05 - Jonas Helming, "EMF Client Platform"
- ~17:30 - Bernhard Woditschka & Joachim Grüneis, "Speed up your Domain Driven Design with Xtext" (based on a real world project)
- approx. 60'
- Based on a sample project...
- ... from the idea to the DSL
- ... from the DSL to Java, HTML and UML
- ... embed the DSL into Eclipse
- System Requirements:
"Eclipse 3.6RC4 (Helios) TMF Xtext 1.0.0RC4" bundle for your OS from Itemis Xtext bundle download- Xtext 1.0 is not released yet
- we switched to the latest released version
- Eclipse 3.5.1 (Galileo) + TMF Xtext 0.7.2 for your OS from Itemis Xtext bundle download
- Graphviz download and put it into path!
- ~18:30 - Break
- ~19:00 - Stephan Herrmann, "Enter the next dimension of modularity using the Object Teams Development Tooling"
- approx. 60'
- initial steps of programming in OT/J using "roles" and "teams"
- a tour around the Object Teams Development Tooling - browsing, code assist, debugging and much more
- using OT/J and OT/Equinox for building and adapting Eclipse plug-ins
- System Requirements: Object Teams Development Tooling
- The OTDT installs best into the Eclipse SDK aka the Classic package, please use 3.6 RC4 or better -- this is the Helios DemoCamp :)
- Or install the package Eclipse IDE for Java Developers and install Object Teams via the "Eclipse Marketplace" (expect additional plugins (notably from PDE) to be installed, too).
- NEW: Summary Slides (yes, I did have a few summary slides ;)
- ~20:00 - Florian Pirchner, "Modeling meets Runtime - redView.org"
- approx. 45' - 50'
- Informations about the workshop
- System Requirements: latest redview user workspace
- Please preinstall the redView workspace, because there is not enough time during the workshop
- Helios 1.0 was released on 23.6.2010. So the setup of the user workspace requires differing features.
- You can use RC4 or final.
- Please ensure, that you use the newest target platform definition from newest target definition (see "System Requirements - Set target platform").
- If you start to setup the workspace right now, please use final release and follow the system requirements link above.
- followed by some short presentations, which order and time of second break will be discussed...
- Sebastian Krzyzanowski, APA-IT & Christian Schiestl, Sphinx IT Consulting, "NeMo DigiClip - Eclipse RCP Applikation zur Medienbeobachtung"
- Product Presentation
- approx. 15'
- some cool features of the RCP product
- some code fragments of RCP coding
- Kilian Matt, INSO, "Code Reviews with Mylyn Reviews"
- Live Coding/Presentation
- approx. 30'
- General usage of Mylyn
- Reviewing a patch for a task
- Used System: Eclipse Helios with Mylyn and Mylyn Reviews(Update site TBA)
- Tom Schindl, BestSolution.at, "e4"
- You need to bring your computer.
- WiFi (WLAN) will be available.
- 30 pcs. Sphinx USB sticks with some of the required software will be around. (Thanks again to our sponsor sphinx IT-Consulting.)
- Nevertheless install Eclipse and the necessary software components beforehand. Exact system requirements are given in the presentation abstracts.
- Drinks will be available.
Who Is Attending
If you plan on attending please add your name and company to the list below. If you have any trouble with the wiki, just send an email to michael.clay at codeworkz dot at.
- Michael Clay, Codeworkz
- Peter Kofler, code-cop.org
- Markus Musil, Codeworkz
- Kilian Matt, INSO/Mylyn Reviews
- Christian Schiestl, Sphinx IT Consulting
- Sebastian Krzyzanowski, APA-IT
- Florian Pirchner, redView
- Joachim Grüneis
- Bernhard Woditschka
- Stephan Herrmann, Eclipse Object Teams Project
- Maximilian Kögel, EMFStore
- Jonas Helming, EMF Client Platform (ECP)
- Werner Keil, emergn corporation
- Tom Schindl, BestSolution.at
- Lubos Bistak
- Roland Germ
- Sebastian Dietrich
- Michael Pircher, JSUG
- Christian Flandorfer, JSUG
- Christoph Nagl
- Johannes Smutny
- Bruno Leon
- Matthias Treitler
- Hans Sowa
- Horst Scheruga, IT-Brain Software
- Jasmin Peralta
- Georg Siegert
- Michael Kalkusch
- Dorde Torbica, s IT Solutions
- Peter Parapatics, System One
- Maximilian Weißböck
- Alexander Mintchev, Kalina Star
- Igor Jancev, Smile IT Solutions
- Oliver Filz, s IT Solutions
- Robert Handschmann, Sphinx IT Consulting
- Joachim Butz
- Konrad Wieland, Business Informatics Group, TU Vienna
- Andreas Hochleitner
- Michael Halwax, Valida
- Susanne Gschwendner, s IT Solutions
- Alexandru Pintilie, Valida
- Inge Bramböck
- Wolfgang Wache
- Christian Schaefer, Sphinx IT Consulting
- Leopold Kühschelm, s IT Solutions
- Marcus Vitek, System One