Eclipse DemoCamps Helios 2010/Vienna
- After last year's  we will try something different this time:
- Instead of your  (i.e. slides)
- we want to see  and show us how to create something (i.e. code).
- short: Show Me Code - No Slides - No Suits ;-)
Date and Time
June 25, 2010
16:00 - 22:00 (or later, we have the key for the room ;-)
16:00 - 16:30 : come together "warm up" (last software installations, first beer ;-)
16:30 - 22:00 : demos, mixed with chat and beer! (Sorry no food this time - bring a sandwich ;-)
22:00 - ??:00 : come together, spontaneous presentations, "cool down" in the Lounge
(*) Gold Sponsor, thank you very much
As said in the motto above, we would like to create a deeper and more personal experience. Speakers should prepare a 30 to 60 minutes interactive demo (aka mini workshop or live coding) that gives some understanding and hands-on experience of the presented subject. In a nutshell we want to code together, guided by the presenter's deeper knowledge of the topic. (Demos will be in German.)
If for some reason interactive or live coding is not an option, the demo should at least show code and explain the interesting tidbits in the code. Please try to avoid slides if possible. (Of course, a few slides to give an overview or explain some structural dependencies are ok.)
- ~16:30 - Markus Musil, Codeworkz, "Introduction"
- ~16:40 - Maximilian Kögel, "EMFStore"
- ~17:05 - Jonas Helming, "EMF Client Platform"
- ~17:30 - Bernhard Woditschka & Joachim Grüneis, "How to speed up your Domain Driven Design with Xtext" (based on a real world project)
- approx 60'
- create a DSL with Xtext
- describe the business model
- generate documentation and code
- System Requirements: coming soon...
- ~18:30 - Break
- ~19:00 - Stephan Herrmann, "Enter the next dimension of modularity using the Object Teams Development Tooling"
- initial steps of programming in OT/J using "roles" and "teams"
- a tour around the Object Teams Development Tooling - browsing, code assist, debugging and much more
- using OT/J and OT/Equinox for building and adapting Eclipse plug-ins
- System Requirements: Object Teams Development Tooling
- The OTDT installs best into the Eclipse SDK aka the Classic package, please use 3.6 RC4 or better -- this is the Helios DemoCamp :)
- Or install the package Eclipse IDE for Java Developers and install Object Teams via the "Eclipse Marketplace" (expect additional plugins (notably from PDE) to be installed, too).
- ~20:00 - Florian Pirchner, "Modeling meets Runtime - redView.org"
- ~20:50 - Sebastian Krzyzanowski, APA-IT & Christian Schiestl, Sphinx IT Consulting, "NeMo DigiClip - Eclipse RCP Applikation zur Medienbeobachtung"
- Product Presentation
- approx 15'
- some cool features of the RCP product
- some code fragments of RCP coding
- ~21:00 - Break
- ~21:30 - Kilian Matt, INSO, "Code Reviews with Mylyn Reviews"
- approx 30' (15' Hands-on, 15' slides, outlook and discussion)
- General usage of Mylyn
- Reviewing a patch for a task
- Reviewing a changeset for a task
- System Requirements: coming soon...
- Depending on his time, Tom Schindl, BestSolution.at, will drop in and give a short overview on "e4".
- You need to bring your computer.
- WiFi (WLAN) will be available.
- 30 pcs. Sphinx USB sticks with some of the required software will be around. (Thanks again to our sponsor sphinx IT-Consulting.)
- Nevertheless install Eclipse and the necessary software components beforehand. Exact system requirements are given in the presentation abstracts.
- Drinks will be available.
Who Is Attending
If you plan on attending please add your name and company to the list below. If you have any trouble with the wiki, just send an email to michael.clay at codeworkz dot at.
- Michael Clay, Codeworkz
- Peter Kofler, code-cop.org
- Markus Musil, Codeworkz
- Kilian Matt, INSO/Mylyn Reviews
- Christian Schiestl, Sphinx IT Consulting
- Sebastian Krzyzanowski, APA-IT
- Florian Pirchner, redView
- Joachim Grüneis
- Bernhard Woditschka
- Stephan Herrmann, Eclipse Object Teams Project
- Maximilian Kögel, EMFStore
- Jonas Helming, EMF Client Platform (ECP)
- Werner Keil
- ?Tom Schindl
- Lubos Bistak
- Roland Germ
- Sebastian Dietrich
- Christoph Bach, CPB Software
- Michael Pircher, JSUG
- Christian Flandorfer, JSUG
- Christoph Nagl
- Johannes Smutny
- Bruno Leon
- Matthias Treitler
- Hans Sowa
- Horst Scheruga, IT-Brain Software
- Jasmin Peralta
- Georg Siegert
- Michael Kalkusch
- Dorde Torbica, s IT Solutions
- Peter Parapatics, System One
- ?Marcus Vitek
- Maximilian Weißböck
- Alexander Mintchev, Kalina Star