Eclipse DemoCamps Helios 2010/Vienna
- After last year's we will try something different this time:
- Instead of your (i.e. slides)
- we want to see and show us how to create something (i.e. code).
- short: Show Me Code - No Slides - No Suits ;-)
Date and Time
June 25, 2010
16:00 - 20:00
16:00 - 16:30 : come together "warm up"
16:30 - 20:00 : demos, mixed with chat and beer
20:00 - 22:00 : come together, spontaneous presentations, "cool down"
As said in the motto above, we would like to create a deeper and more personal experience. Speakers should prepare a 30 to 60 minutes interactive demo (aka mini workshop or live coding) that gives some understanding and hands-on experience of the presented subject. In a nutshell we want to code together, guided by the presenter's deeper knowledge of the topic. (Demos will be in German.)
If for some reason interactive or live coding is not an option, the demo should at least show code and explain the interesting tidbits in the code. Please try to avoid slides if possible. (Of course, a few slides to give an overview or explain some structural dependencies are ok.) If you would like to present at the DemoCamp, please contact the organizers!
- Mustafa Arikan, Arikan, "ProgGen Werkzeug, ECORE Visualisierung und Generierungsfunktion"
- Mylyn Reviews Committers, INSO, "Mylyn Reviews"
- Tom Schindl, BestSolution.at, "E4"
- Sebastian Krzyzanowski, APA-IT & Christian Schiestl, Sphinx IT Consulting, "NeMo DigiClip - Eclipse RCP Applikation zur Medienbeobachtung"
- Bernhard Woditschka & Joachim Grüneis - "How to speed up your Domain Driven Design with Xtext" (based on a real world project)
- Florian Pirchner, "Modeling meets Runtime - redView"
- Stephan Herrmann, "Enter the next dimension of modularity using the Object Teams Development Tooling"
- Maximilian Kögel, "EMFStore, EMF Client Platform"
We are happy for so many demos, but they are way too many for a single afternoon to cover them all in proper detail. We are in contact with speakers to find a solution.
Who Is Attending
If you plan on attending please add your name and company to the list below. If you have any trouble with the wiki, just send an email to michael.clay at codeworkz dot at.
- Michael Clay, Codeworkz
- Peter Kofler, code-cop.org
- Kilian Matt, INSO/Mylyn Reviews
- Christian Schiestl, Sphinx IT Consulting
- Sebastian Krzyzanowski APA-IT
- Lubos Bistak, Sphinx IT Consulting
- Florian Pirchner, redView
- Joachim Grüneis
Please note that depending on the demos you might need to bring your computer and install Eclipse and other software components beforehand. Exact system requirements are given in the presentation abstracts.