Eclipse DemoCamp December 2017/Hamburg
This time the DemoCamp will take place at the Dockland Hamburg. We'll be hosted by the NORDAKADEMIE Graduate School again with a stunning view of the river Elbe.
NORDAKADEMIE Graduate School
Van-der-Smissen-Strasse 9, 22767 Hamburg
LatLong: 53.54331, 9.9373
Follow this link for directions: http://goo.gl/maps/Sp73I
Pro tip: take U3, S1 or S3 to Landungsbrücken, then change for ferry line 62. The ferry will leave at 18:00, 18:15, 18:30,...
Date and Time
December 11, 2017
Get together starting at 06:45pm
Following the principles of openness and transparency, we are open to everybody to sponsor this demo camp. Feel free to contact the organizers or simply add yourself to this wiki page as a sponsor.
One additional note: We will donate 20% of the sponsored food/drinks to an organization that supports homeless people in Hamburg. So 20% of the ordered drinks/food will not be delivered to our demo camp, but directly to that organization at the same time. We did that once in the past when we ordered more stuff that we could eat and we thought we should do this again, but this time by purpose.
itemis is general sponsor with EUR 500,-
Pivotal is general sponsor with EUR 500,-
Zühlke Engineering is general sponsor with EUR 500,-
- 18.45: Get together
- 19.15: Opening/Welcome
- 19.20: Martin Lippert (Pivotal) - Spring Tools 4 - for Eclipse and beyond
- 19:40 Karsten Thoms (itemis) - What's coming with Eclipse Photon? -
In this demo I will give a sneak preview on Eclipse Photon. Let me show you features already available with milestone 3, and things yet to come. We will have a look at general IDE features, Git and Java tooling.
- 20:00 Simon Scholz (vogella) - Being Reactive in Eclipse RCP Applications - RxJava and RxSWT
- 20:20 - 20:30 Break
- 20:30 Patrik Suzzi (itemis) - Rapid Prototyping of Eclipse RCP Applications (see also EclipseCon Slides)
- 20:50 Philip Wenig (Lablicate GmbH) - Eclipse Charting - Extended - https://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2017/sites/default/files/slides/Eclipse-Charting.pdf
- 21:10-21:30 Olivier Prouvost (opcoach) - Create easily your own E4 spy to help you to develop your application
Who Is Attending
If you plan on attending please add your name and company to the list below. You need to have an Eclipse Bugzilla account to do so. Signing up is really easy and not only gives you the chance to attend Eclipse DemoCamps, but also gives you the sweet fuzzy feeling of being able to file Eclipse bugs! Come on, give it a try - we know you can do it!
- Martin Lippert, Pivotal
- Stefan Reichert, Zühlke Engineering
- Patrik Suzzi, itemis
- Karsten Thoms, itemis
- Simon Scholz, vogella
- Olivier Prouvost, OPCoach
- Conrad Groth
- Ataul Ahmad
- Philip Wenig
- Lars Vogel, vogella
- Fabian Pfaff, vogella
- Shengyao Chen, Kühne + Nagel
- Matthias Mailänder, LADR Lebensmittelanalytik
- Erland Müller, DESY
- evodion Information Technologies GmbH, rri
- Gunther Bachmann, itemis
- Stefan Schleyer
- Sven Böckelmann, benelog GmbH & Co. KG
- Massimo Bevilacqua, benelog GmbH & Co. KG
- Mathias Bietz, SUZLON Energy Ltd.
- Daniel Raap, subshell GmbH
- Mario Torre, Red Hat, Inc.
- Tommy Redel, subshell GmbH
- Torsten Witte, subshell GmbH
- Carsten Reckord, Yatta
- Martin Horn, Uni Konstanz, KNIME