Difference between revisions of "Eclipse Day India"
(→Call for Talks)
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
=== Sponsors invite ===
=== Sponsors invite ===
Revision as of 05:40, 23 February 2010
The Eclipse Day India is a day-long event that explores Eclipse projects and topics for the local community. Eclipse experts will present innovations in the Eclipse projects and organizations will discuss how they benefit from using Eclipse for their needs. This event will be ideal for software architects, software development managers and senior developers that are interested in using Eclipse. There is no cost to attend the event but you must pre-register.
Date: Friday, April 23, 2010 (tentatively)
Venue: To Be decided
- Eclipse Foundation
- IBM Rational
- Progress Software
Following the successful Eclipse Demo Camp last year, we are planning to conduct an Eclipse Day in Bangalore. It will be a full day event with various talks around the theme "Eclipse Plug-in Development". Entry and the food is free for the attendees. The cost will be shared by Eclipse Foundation and other sponsors.
Do contact us if your company would be willing to support the event by extending a sponsorship. By sponsoring the event, you will get the following benefits to reach out to 100 Eclipse developers and users from over a dozen companies:
- 5 reserved attendee seats
- One lightning talk
- Ads & stall space in the venue (banners and contact booth at sponsor's cost. We will help provide as much space possible.)
- Mention in various promotions on Eclipse websites as mentioned here.
Prakash G.R. Eclipse Platform UI Committer
Ankur Sharma Eclipse PDE UI and UA Committer
Registration is done and tracked at EventBrite. Please visit here for more information.
Call for Talks
Eclipse Day India Friday, April 23, 2010 Bangalore, India
The Eclipse Day India is an event designed to create opportunities for the local Eclipse community to explore, share, and collaborate on the latest ideas and information about Eclipse and its members. The conference will consist of one day of technical talks and demos, followed by a networking reception.
Eclipse is now calling for participation from the Eclipse ecosystem at the Eclipse Day India.
The theme for this year's event will be Eclipse Plug-in Development.
Submit a Talk
We are looking for speakers for the Eclipse Day India. Submitted talks should relate to the event theme.
- Long Talk
A 60 minute talk including 10 minutes for Q&A. Presentation should go into detail and/or demonstration on a topic. A good talk requires preparation and a good pace; the audience is typically intelligent and well prepared and thus any introductory material should be very brief (less than five minutes).
- Short Talk
A 30 minute talk including 5 minutes for Q&A. Ideal content would be topics that are easier to explain.
- Lightning Talk
Lightning Talks come in at about 10 minutes long and are designed to get people excited about a particular subject and link them to more information about the subject.
- Call for talk & demo proposals opens January 15, 2010
- Talks & demos will be reviewed by the Program Committee as they are submitted
- Call for talk & demo proposals closes February 28, 2010
- Submissions will receive a response from the Program Committee by March 15, 2010
How to Submit a Talk or Demo Proposal
- Submit your proposal using this form.
- More and updated information will be available here on a regularly basis.
If you have any questions or comments on the submission process, please contact
- Prakash G. R. email@example.com
- Ankur Sharma firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract Review Committee
- Ketan Padegaonkar, ThoughtWorks
- Anshu Jain, IBM
- Madhu Samuel, Independent Eclipse Consultant