Eclipse Day Delft 2012
Talks will cover techniques and tools helping during tracking bugs and features, code development, quality assurance, and during building and deploying software.
The Eclipse Day Delft focuses on interaction and on stimulating discussion between participants. Several excellent talks lasting 30 minutes will inform you about noteworthy and new Eclipse technologies, whereby the discussion rounds throughout the day will allow to get in contact with other participants and speakers. In the late afternoon, demo sessions and drinks will provide plenty of opportunities for networking.
Congress Center TU Delft
Mekelweg 5, 2628 CC, Delft
(There are enough free parking spots in the area)
08:30 - 09:00 Registration and Coffee
09:00 - 09:20 Opening by Erik Meijer (Professor at TU Delft and Head of the Cloud Programmability Team at Microsoft)
09:20 - 09:50 Talk 1: Patriek van Dorp (Sogeti) – Using Eclipse to Deploy Java in the Microsoft Cloud (Track: Deploy)
09:55 - 10:25 Talk 2: Marcel Bruch - Eclipse Code Recommender (Track: Code) slides available
10:30 - 11:00 Talk 3: Pupier Aurelien (Bonitasoft) - Tools and Methodologies to leverage GMF power (Track: Code) slides available
11:00 - 11:15 Q&A Talks 1-3
11:15 - 11:35 Short Coffee Break
11:35 - 12:05 Talk 3: Koen Aers (Red Hat) - Forging a Bond Between Eclipse and the Command-line (Track: Code) slides available
12:10 - 12:40 Talk 4: Michaela Greiler (TU Delft) - Test Confessions (Track: QA) slides available
12:40 - 12:50 Q&A Talks 3-4
12:50 - 13:40 Lunch
13:40 - 14:10 Talk 5: Sven Efftinge (Itemis) - 7 Languages in 7 Weeks with Xtext (Track: Code) slides available
14:15 - 14:45 Talk 6: Matthias Kempka (EclipseSource) - Successful-Eclipse-based-product (Track: Build)
14:50 - 15:20 Talk 7: Werner Keil (Mærsk Group) – Triple-E’class Continuous Delivery with Hudson, Maven, Kokki and PyDev (Track: Build)
15:20 - 15:35 Q&A Talks 5-7
15:35 - 15:55 Short Coffee Break
15:55 - 16:25 Talk 8: Martin Taal (e-Emphasys Technologies) - Bringing Modelling to the Mobile Web - EMFT Texo (Track: Code) slides available
16:30 - 17:00 Talk 9: Ed Merks – Xcore, Modelling for Programmers and Programming for Modellers (Track: Code) slides available
17:00 - 17:10 Q&A Talk 8-9
17:10-18:00 Closing & Drinks
You can find more information on what's happening in Delft here: http://www.delft.nl/delften/Tourists
The Eclipse Day Delft is a non-profit event. Ticket prices will be calculated to cover the costs of the day, and will include catering. In addition, we offer a limited amount of student tickets allowing free participation. The registration site will open end of July, 2012.
- There is space for 75 registrants for this free event. This includes 10 free student passes. Lunch and drinks are provided through the day (thanks to our sponsors!)
- To register for this event, click HERE!
- If you're not able able to register any more please fill in the contact form on the Industrial TSI website, and we'll put you on the waiting list.
Call for Papers
The call for papers is now CLOSED. The program for the day can be found below.
Please send your proposal about tools and techniques to support the software development process, including software maintenance with Eclipse technology to: Eclipse Day Delft Organizers
- Talks must fit in at least one of the main subjects of the day and will be max. 30 minutes long
- Proposals should be one page long (between 250-400 words) and should make the content and message of talk clear
- Prepare a separate file about the speaker (containing the name, biography and contact information) and send it with the proposal
- Your submission will be reviewed by a committee and will be placed in the appropriate time slot
- There is one 30 minute available for sponsors (no review by committee)
Talks must fit in one of the main subjects of the day:
Track and Control
Talks focusing on tools and practices to control the process of tracking bugs and/or new feature requests. Talks informing about version (source) control systems such as SVN or Git.
Talks demonstrating best practices and tools to help the developer write code in Eclipse while reducing effort and increasing quality. For example, new or noteworthy techniques such as code generators, annotation processors, JVM, OSGi, and so on.
Talks addressing quality assurance. This includes tools and practices to assure and improve code quality (e.g., static analysis), testing tools and practices, as well as continuous integration solutions.
Talks about tools and practices that aid in building final deployable products from code.
Talks informing about tools and practices facilitating deployment of software during several stages in the software development process (e.g., deploying in test and/or production environments).
Talks demonstrating how several tools and practices can be integrated into a holistic software development lifecycle.
Talks reporting significant experiences with Eclipse-based tools to support the software development process.
- Track: Bug tracking tools and processes, Release / Iteration tracking tools and processes, Task Management, VCS (git, svn, ..)
- Code: WYSIWYG Editors, JVM Tools, Annotation Processors
- Quality Assurance: Test automation, Code smell detection, Profiling, Code Review, Continuous Integration
- Build: Build Automation
- Deploy: Promotion of Code, Software Distribution, Unattended Deployment
- Integrate: Best Practices, Tracking Systems, Protocols (SNMP, etc..), OSLC
If you're planning to tweet about this event, please use #eclipsedaydelft
Support a great event while making qualified contacts with Dutch and international participants!
We have various sponsor packages available for your company to sponsor the Eclipse Day:
|Sponsor Package||Bronze||Silver||Gold|| |
|Logo and company link on registration page||X||X||X|| |
|Exposition table for 2 people with room for roll-up banners||
|30 minute speaking slot in Senaatszaal||
|Price (ex. VAT)||€ 400,-||€650,-||€ 1000,-|| |
Limitations to sponsor packages:
If you want more information about sponsorship of Eclipse Day Delft 2012, please send an email to email@example.com.