Eclipse Day China
Eclipse Day China | Eclipse Day 中国
Beijing, June 29th 2013 | 北京 2013年6月29日
Non-official satellite site page is eclipse-china.github.io/Day/.
June 26th : We have 200+ registration and 2 volunteer. 已经200+人报名了！还有两位志愿者。
Registrations is closed. Limited number of guests (up to 10) can join remotely via WebEx. Contact organizers.
There is waiting list on http://democampbeijing2013.eventbrite.com/ 报名结束了。只有等着的列表。试试你的机会。
If you are coming from other city (not Beijing) or want to do demo or help around on Eclipse Day, please contact organizers. We need person who will lead Track 2 (come with notebook, connect with remote presenters, be whole day on the site). Speakers and co-organizers are still welcomed!.
如果你要从另外的城市来，请联系我们能不能帮助你们。I you are coming from other city please contact us if we can help you.
The event is over. Check http://eclipse-china.github.io/Day/materials in a week, when we collect all materials.
Register for next event at http://eclipsenovemberday.eventbrite.com/ .
- 1 Intro 介绍
- 2 Location 场地
- 3 Date and Time 时间
- 4 Organizers 组织者
- 5 Sponsors 赞助
- 6 Agenda 议程
- 7 Details | 详细信息
- 8 Who Is Attending | 谁参加？怎么注册？
- 9 News 新闻
- 10 For Bloggers and Users of Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, Weibo, Weixin etc.
Eclipse Day China Press-Release
Eclipse Day China in Beijing on 2013 June 29 is a free event supported by the Eclipse Foundation. This event will target on the IT developers and Eclipse members, and the experts and senior consultants from leading IT companies will share the experiences of Eclipse open source projects, Eclipse demo, and discussing the technical issues with the participants. This event will also provide a good opportunity and platform for the Eclipse members and developers to discuss and communicate.
2013年6月29日在北京举行的Eclipse Day China 是在Eclipse Foundation支持下在中国举办的一次免费的面向在中国开发人员和Eclipse爱好者的活动。 活动中，众多来自行业领先企业的中外专家及资深开发人员将与您分享Eclipse开源项目中的经验，Eclipse产品演示，并与大家探讨Eclipse相关的技术问题。 此次活动也将是一次Eclipse爱好者交流的机会和平台。
The event is free, please register ASAP to reserve your seat. 此次活动免费，因席位有限，请务必尽早注册预留席位。 For guests (not presenters) without registration a processing fee of 100 rmb is applied.
If you are interest to be co-organizers & co-presenters, please contact with us. 如果您有兴趣成为活动组织的志愿者， 请随时和我们联系。（伟保罗， QQ 908781544）
ThoughtWorks, Rm 1105 Guohua Plaza, No.3 Dongzhimen South St, Dongcheng District, Beijing (DongZhiMen Subway station, exit D)
Contact organizer if you want to join via WebEx.
Possibly Internet broadcast.
Date and Time 时间
Saturday, June 29th 8:45am-6pm 6月29号 周六 8:45点到6点
Please come before 9am to take better seat and have conversation with other attendees. 请9点之前来拿跟好的椅子，给参加者聊聊。
For smaller DemoCamp on June 20th, see Beijing Thursday.
此外，我们将在6月20日在北京举办DemoCamp活动，详细内容请见 Beijing Thursday.
- Actuate Software (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. Actuate founded and co-leads the BIRT open source project, which is used by 2 million developers around the globe and serves as the foundation of the ActuateOne® platform. 安讯软件（上海）有限公司。安迅创立并共同引导开发了 BIRT 开源项目，该方案目前正被全球超过 200 万开发人员使用，并被用作 ActuateOne® 平台的基础。
- Jin Mingjian, 金明剑, Member of Technical Staff, Oracle Beijing Reasearch and Development Center (as individual),blog
- ThoughtWorks, Global leading customized enterprise software design and delivery company.
Eclipse Day China is 2 weeks away. We have venue, 99 registered, 22 presenters, 5 organizers and 2 volunteers... But no sponsors (except for Eclipse itself).
This is call for support!
Half of Eclipse members are in China or have big Chinese clients. Please support Chinese Eclipse event as you do elsewhere.
There is no minimum requirement. We don't really need much money (only snacks, best presenter & topics awards, maybe some lucky draw for 50$ present, etc) Help as much as you can. The most important is that you show support for Eclipse.
We still have 2-3 presentation slots left. Welcome if you have something to say to Eclipse Community in China!
And finally, it will be great joy if we find venue sponsor to hold up to 200-300 software developers and architects !
距离Eclipse Day China活动还有2周时间，我们已经有99名注册人员， 22名演讲人，5家合作主办公司，2名志愿者， 我们需要更多的赞助.
近一半的Eclipse成员在中国， 或者拥有庞大的中国客户。 请尽您所能支持中国Eclipse活动。
我们还有2-3个演讲席位， 如果您有兴趣， 欢迎您的加入！
This Eclipse Day will be promoted by the Eclipse Foundation
- Eclipse Foundation is a not-for-profit, member supported corporation that hosts the open-source Eclipse Projects.
Lucky draw prize BlackBerry Q10 is provided by BlackBerry Company
If you or your company would like to sponsor the venue, drinks & snacks, broadband Internet for the event please get in touch with Paul Verest +86 187 01029146. Paul Verest @ or
We will put or logo here and amount donated. There is no minimum requirement. Help so much as you can.The most important is that you show support for Eclipse
If we have money left, we will return or donate to Eclipse (or next event) as you wish.
Eclipse Foundation为非盈利机构，如果您或您的公司希望能提供场地，饮料，零食 或者互联网赞助（ISP）或者其它任何赞助，请联系伟保罗， QQ 908781544 。
See also http://eclipse-china.github.io/Day/
- Opening 开场致辞
- Topics 主题演讲
- Track Session 1分论坛1: Hackathon run in parallel 主题和编程马拉松
- Track Session 2分论坛2: Eclipse深层技术探讨
- Best presenter & best content awards 最佳主持人和最佳内容奖. Lucky draw prize Blackberry Q10 (for those registered before June 18th)
- Closing 结束
- Karaoke if you want (not organized)
为了方便，我们为本次Eclipse Day及编程马拉松活动设置了专门的页面，相关详细请参阅Eclipse编程马拉松的活动页面。 See more informations of Eclipse Hackathon at http://eclipse-china.github.io/hackathon/hackathon_beijing_2013.html
对于有关活动的任何问题、建议和想法，欢迎直接向本次Eclipse编程马拉松协调人金明剑或者本页面上的其他组织者发信。 This hackathon will be hosted by one of co-organizers, Jin Mingjian. If you have any suggestions, ideas or questions, don't hesitate to sent emails to him  or other organizers on this page.
Topics and Speakers
UPDATE: Suggested time slot duration is 30 minutes (including Q&A, preparation for next presenter). We are to run 2 demo tracks + Hackathon track.
- Eclipse organization, members and projects (中文)| Eclipse组织和项目介绍 (15 min)
- Eclipse VJET(中文) Justin Early, Jianfeng Liu
- Open source story Nodeclipse | 在Eclipse开发Node.js (中文) by 高洋 或者Lamb from 用友汽车 http://www.yonyou.com/
- "Modeling and Programming going hand in hand with UML Lab - an Eclipse-based Modeling IDE" by Manuel Bork, Yatta Solutions --remote
- Eclipse Java IDE Tips and Tricks (How to work more effectively) by Rabea Gransberger (20-60 min, MESZ friendly time-slot needed) --remote
- "Eclipse 4 Programming Model" (中文) by Jin Mingjian
- Development of Embedded Systems with eTrice http://www.eclipse.org/etrice/ by Thomas Schuetz, http://www.protos.de (30 min) --remote
- Implementing complex graphical editors with model-driven technologies | 使用模型驱动技术实现图形编辑器 by Andreas Graf (戈安迪), itemis.com --remote 4pm
- Internal DSLs with Xtend, by Karsten Thoms and Moritz Eysholdt, itemis.com --remote
- JRebel plugin for Eclipse by Anton Arhipov, Zeroturnaround.com --remote 5:30pm
- Moved to Beijing Thursday "Implementing Mobile Business Applications with Eclipse Scout", by Matthias Zimmermann, BSI Business Systems Integration AG (15-20min) --remote
- Eclipse ADT (Android Development Tools) by 杨光福 (25min), see ADT Bundle
- Talend Big Data Open Solution (中文) (Chen Bin, Liu Wu)
- How to use Eclipse to write and debug Groovy scripts on a live web application, Giampiero Granatella ManyDesigns --remote
- Using the Eclipse Java Development Tools (JDT) to analyze source code by Trent Hoeppner, IBM China
- 基于Eclipse的BIRT （BIRT on Eclipse）, (中文) by 刘叶, Actuate Software China (30min)
- 如何用BIRT创建应用 （How to Build Application on BIRT）, (中文) by 朱倩, Actuate Software China (30min)
- Eclipse Momentics IDE to create awesome BlackBerry mobile apps by Ekkehard Gentz (20min) Independent SoftwareArchitect, Consultant, Speaker, Trainer. BlackBerry Elite. http://appbus.org --remote
- Maven Integration in Eclipse overview (m2e/m2e-wtp) by Fred Bricon, Red Hat, Inc. --remote
- Refactoring on Eclipse(About refactoring guidelines and demonstrate examples using Eclipse's refactoring tool), by 李彦辉, ThoughtWorks
- 基于Eclipse Debug Framework 的流程编辑器调试功能的实现（Implementing debug functionality for process editor based on Eclipse Debug Framework）, by 孙镌宸, ThoughtWorks
- Getting started with Spring Tool Suite (English|中文) by Michael Isvy, APJ Education Manager at Pivotal (SpringSource)
Remote sessions via WebEx
12:15-12:45 M 18. Eclipse Momentics IDE by Ekkehard Gentz
14:00-14:30 O 4. "Modeling and Programming .. by Manuel Bork
14:00-14:30 P 7. Development of Embedded ... by Thomas Schuetz (Track 2)
14:30-15:00 Q 5. Eclipse Java IDE .. by Rabea Gransberger
15:00-15:30 S 19. Maven Integration.. by Fred Bricon
16:00-16:30 U 8. Implementing complex graphical ... by Andreas Graf (戈安迪)
16:00-16:30 V 14. Groovy ... Giampiero Granatella (Track 2)
16:30-17:00 W 9. Internal DSLs with Xtend, by Karsten Thoms and Moritz Eysholdt
17:00-17:30 Y 10. JRebel plugin for Eclipse by Anton Arhipov
Limited number of guests (up to 10) can join remotely. Contact organizers.
You should mute yourself and turn off video if you are not presenting.
Lucky draw prize Blackberry Q10 (for those registered before June 18th)
Details | 详细信息
If you added your demo to the list above, please add a short abstract to this list so people know what you will be talking about.
- 4 Modeling and Programming going hand in hand with UML Lab - an Eclipse-based Modeling IDE (by Manuel Bork, Yatta Solutions)
- Model-based software development automates boilerplate code writing by code generation, but restricts developers - often severely - when it comes to manual editing and refactoring at code level. Not so with UML Lab. UML Lab is based on Eclipse RCP and is deeply integrated into the Eclipse IDE. It re-uses existing technologies and combines them in a new, productive way. In the demo I'll show how UML Lab seamlessly combines modeling and coding with an intuitive UML diagram editor and next-gen round-trip engineering. I'll start with importing a legacy software project to get a nice UML class diagram and continue editing model and source code - each operation updates the other instantly. I'll show how to gain overview by reverse engineering, boost your productivity by combining modeling with coding and utilize the full potential of model-based software development through truly agile modeling and programming.
- 5 Eclipse Tips & Tricks by Rabea Gransberger (@rgransberger)
- You don't want your IDE to propose java.awt.List as import when you need java.util.List? This talk will show you how to get rid of the proposal and how to use your IDE effectively to concentrate on your work.It will cover the most interesting features from Eclipse as Java IDE. Their default settings give you a good start but there is a lot more to discover to make you more productive. This includes syntax highlighting, editor, compiler and code completion settings. In addition we will try-out the most useful refactoring actions and shortcuts. After this talk you have an overview on how to setup your IDE in a way which will support your working style and will make you complete your work much faster.
- Short Version of DevoxxUK Talk: http://www.devoxx.com/display/UK13/Effective+IDE+Usage
- 6 Eclipse 4 Programming Model by Jin Mingjian
- The Eclipse project eTrice, a sub project of the Model Development Tools, delivers an implementation of the ROOM (Real-Time Object Oriented Modeling) language together with textual and graphical editors, code generators for Java, C and C++ and target middleware.
- After an introduction of eTrice and ROOM I will do a little Tool Demo.
- 8 Implementing complex graphical editors with model-driven technologies by Andreas Graf, Itemis.de, http://www.weibo.com/grafandreas
- Eclipse is not only used as a platform for software engineering, but also for systems engineering. A number of graphical notations for these disciplines exists, but especially for the newest approaches graphical editors are few (EAST-ADL, AUTOSAR). In this talk we will show how we used model driven technologies (Xtext, Xtend) to efficiently create a number of graphical editors based on Graphiti. The technology implemented in the IMES research project is a good demonstration on how custom DSLs improve your development process. Six different graphical editors are all concisely described with a domain specific language (different from the Spray! project), making refactoring, bug fixing and implementation of new features very efficient.
- Xtend, Eclipse's new statically typed programming language for the JVM, offers many possibilities for developing very concise and declarative APIs - aka internal Domain-Specific-Languages (DSL). Xtend compiles to readable Java source code, allowing bi-directional integration with existing code which runs on any JVM.
- After giving a short explanation about the differences between external and internals DSLs we will show some real-world examples. These examples will reach from significantly increasing the conciseness of your code over automating design patterns to operator overloading. You will learn how Xtend can be integrated into your projects seamlessly.
- 14 How to use Eclipse to write and debug Groovy scripts on a live web application by Giampiero Granatella ManyDesigns (20 min)
- This presentation shows our real-life experience using Eclipse in our projects to get the most out of Groovy's flexibility on live deployed applications.
- The traditional development of a web application in Eclipse requires a first phase of creating/editing the web project and a second phase of deployment on an application server such as Tomcat.
- This has two drawbacks:
- redeployment is slow;
- this life cycle doesn't take advantage of Groovy's capability to be edited and reloaded on the fly on live systems.
- In this talk we propose the idea of creating a project that points directly to the web application running under Tomcat. The separation between source files and deployed files disappears, changing the traditional java web application life cycle.
- Therefore we can harness the power of the IDE (above all debugging) and to maintain the capability to make changes on the live system without redeploy.
- During the demo we are going to show a case study based on an application for Funded Projects management currently in use by an Italian major research organization .
- 15 Using the Eclipse Java Development Tools (JDT) to analyze source code by Trent Hoeppner
- I will first go over the features of the JDT, then explain the basic structure. I will then walk through some demo code that analyzes a Java source file and can makes some changes.
- 18 Eclipse Momentics IDE to create awesome mobile apps ekke demonstrates How to create an app from scratch: covers UI, business logic and deployment to BlackBerry 10 device
- ekke (Ekkehard Gentz)
- Independent SoftwareArchitect, Consultant, Speaker, Trainer. BlackBerry Elite. International Development Mobile Apps for BlackBerry 10: http://appbus.org
- blog: http://ekkes-corner.org Twitter: @ekkescorner
- 22 Getting started with Spring Tool Suite (English|中文) by Michael Isvy, APJ Education Manager at Pivotal (SpringSource)
- Michael will be conducting a demo-oriented presentation. He will be walking you through STS so you can understand Spring support for Eclipse, based on the most common Spring features: XML configuration, annotations, refactoring of Spring beans, Aspect Oriented Programming.
想了解多一点儿？become co-presenter! 需要和演讲人活动之前沟通，跟多学会，准备一起讲。
Who Is Attending | 谁参加？怎么注册？
The maximum number of attendees (including speakers) was 100. The registration is still open. Thanks to ThoughtWorks.
- https://dev.eclipse.org/site_login/ 注册, 然后Edit本网页，加自己到下面的列表
- 或者在 微博活动网页 报名.
- 或者在 http://www.31huiyi.com/event/86173/ 报名，都可以。
If you plan on attending please add your name and company to the list below:
- Paul Verest, Funshion Online (presenter, organizer)
- Jin Mingjian, Oracle BDC(Beijing Development Center) (presenter, organizer, hackathon lead)
- Michael Isvy, Spring Source (presenter)
- Trent Hoeppner, IBM China (presenter)
- Tony 牛同庆, 移动项目经理，风行网
- Rob Stryker, Red Hat
- Jacky Chen, 
- Song He ,中科软，程序员
Registered on EventBrite 24
Registered on Weibo 19
Registered on 31huiyi 81
Registered via BSCMG (names only) 5
- Mj Watty Jang
- Zilong Chen
- C Sudama +1
remotely (no service guarantees, Internet service provider needed)
- Peter Cheng
- Andreas Graf, itemis AG
- Manuel Bork, Yatta Solutions via http://join.me/
- Giampiero Granatella ManyDesigns
Marketplace Installs by Country April 10th 2013:
Chinese PC market is now the biggest in the world. China takes PC crown from US, euronews
For Bloggers and Users of Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, Weibo, Weixin etc.
In case you plan to blog or tweet about the Eclipse Day China in Beijing, please use the tags #eclipse and #democampbeijing in order to make it easier to find all the comments and pictures. Thanks a lot for telling the world about the event! | 请用#eclipse#和#democampbeijing#标签微博一下。