Building Eclipse SmartHome
The build infrastructure is based on Maven in order to make it as easy as possible to get up to speed. If you know Maven already then there won't be any surprises for you. If you have not worked with Maven yet, just follow the instructions and everything will miraculously work ;-)
What you need before you start: - Maven3 from http://maven.apache.org/download.html
Make sure that the "mvn" command is available on your path
Checkout the source code from GitHub, e.g. by running
git clone https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome.git
Building with Maven
To build Eclipse SmartHome from the sources, Maven takes care of everything:
- change into the smarthome directory ("cd smarthome“)
- set MAVEN_OPTS to "-Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m"" in order to avoid memory problems during the build process.
- run "mvn clean install" to compile and package all sources
The build result will be available in the folder smarthome/distribution/target. Both the runtime as well as the designer zips are placed in there.
Starting the demo runtime
- unzip the file eclipsesmarthome-incubation-0.x.0-runtime.zip to a local folder
- launch the runtime with the "start.sh" (resp. "start.bat") script
- check if everything has started correctly: http://localhost:8080/smarthome.app?sitemap=demo
Starting the designer
- unzip the file eclipsesmarthome-incubation-0.x.0-designer-<platform>.zip to a local folder
- run the executable „Eclipse-SmartHome-Designer.exe"